Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 06:08 AM

36,330 posts, read 15,927,686 times

Advertisements

Morning Cyn, Thinking of you today! Good luck at the clinic.

You're right about Ebay, no activity at all for over a week or so.

Hang in there sweetie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 10:21 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,563,577 times
Good luck with the clinic visit Cyn. Thinking of you and waiting for an update.
I still maintain, you should consider go fund me. I know, i know, lot of controversy but it doesnt hurt to try.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:03 PM

26,144 posts, read 19,692,695 times
Hello Cyn,I hope things are good...... Thinking about ya

Old 05-30-2014, 01:30 PM

14,798 posts, read 11,938,114 times
Thinking about you here, too. (((Cyn)))

Old 05-31-2014, 07:37 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,198,514 times
Good morning my dear friends! Thank you all for your wonderful caring thoughts. Yesterday was very emotional and difficult. The drive was long, the day was longer! No real good news....We did discuss getting a couple of grants--one for help here at the house with DH and the other is a different one for the ipad. They will just send us a check and we don't have to wait for a reimbursement which will be a big help. It isn't for as much, it's for $500 but that will cover a decent ipad. For the home care some still require me to pay out of pocket and then get reimbursed. DH is not one bit about having someone in the home and really got upset so I told him it was basically for the new stretching exercises he has to start--and it will be basically for that and of course just the support of having someone come by. They have several grants they offer and some pay in advance and I get to choose which health care I would like. DH is still very opposed to Hospice and I think it is just the "old thinking" about they come when a person is ready to die. Maybe he will come to understand it better in the near future. Meantime at least there is a way to get assistance. My DH does not want me to leave him with someone so I can to go places--he is very insecure about everything right now--so that part I understand and really have no place to go except maybe the dentist and he would surely understand that. Most other places he can go like we do now and that does give him a little "out" time. He asked me if he was that big of a problem--not sure how I should have answered him--it's not that he is a problem I just need support. I get lots here and thank God for that but having a nurse or physical therapist stop by a couple times a week would be very helpful too. Anyhow I told him it's not that he is a big problem I just need support. So now we'll just wait and see what happens. Of course they did their typical testing they do at the clinic and as we already knew he is getting worse. Even with some of the good news it was a sad day full of emotions.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:22 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,276,154 times
Big hugs to you.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:52 AM

Ahh thanks Sudcaro. I look at you and Miranda and all you are going through and admire your strength. You help me so much and you don't even realize it. Every time I start feeling badly about my situation I think of you and sweetpea and it makes me realize there are so many of us having problems that I really have to get up and shake myself off and keep going forward! Thank you--you are my blessing always!

Old 05-31-2014, 09:55 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,276,154 times
Thanks Cyn. Although you are more of an inspiration than I will ever be. Our life seems much easier than yours, and I so wish we could concretely help! But hey, I'm here, and you know that I think of you guys often.

Last edited by Sudcaro; 05-31-2014 at 10:32 AM..

Old 06-01-2014, 07:17 AM

Today I will try to start on getting this house clean for my girlfriend from CA. She will be here Friday. The guest room is ready but the rest of the house is a mess. Taking one day away and leaving all the cats inside made for a lot of hair everywhere. I have never in my life seen cats shed like this but I suppose it's because we had such a cold winter and they had lots of extra fur that now they must get rid of it. Usually with half of my cats, 3, outside during the day and the old lady kitties just basically sleep on their own pillows it cuts down on the hair all over and I only have to clean their pillows daily plus I do try to take them out for a good brushing when I get a little extra time.
Yesterday was pretty quiet. I took DH for a ride to get him out of the house for a bit and then after we got home we really didn't do a whole lot. I think it was a catch-up day from the day before. The weather is beautiful today so hopefully that will help keep the spirits up!
Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday...

Old 06-01-2014, 08:56 AM

924 posts, read 1,663,308 times
I had to buy an iPad last year for my daughter when money was kind of tight. We bought a refurbished one from the Apple website and saved several hundred dollars. They come with the same warranty the new ones do (one year) and a new outer shell and new battery. She has been very pleased with it and uses it constantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving