Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 08:49 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,014 times

Advertisements

Cyn, I am glad that the prescription thingy is sorted.
change of topics, do you have daisies at home? They always make me smile
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 09:56 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Maila, there is just something about you that makes me smile! No I don't have any Daisies, right now and I wouldn't have the time to care for them properly but yes, they do make me smile too! They are just a happy kind of plant! I have lots of roses that I have put a lot of hours in to get them looking good and now they are just so-so. Roses just don't grow here in NC like they do in CA. They require a lot more work here..more diseases and pests here it seems. But I do my best for the amount of time I have to spend on them. I had to take out an entire row of roses in my front yard because for some reason they weren't doing well. I gave some of them to our neighbors and they are doing fine for them--I think they needed more sun. Today I have been out trying to dig up some pretty well established weeds under our fort/swing set we have in the back yard for the grand children--well, when they use to visit all the time. Now their lives are busy and visits aren't very often anymore. I suppose it is life. Anyhow I will be happy to get those ugly old weeds out! It is a lot of work and some have some nasty thorns on them so I have to use a shovel and heavy gloves. But being outside even if it's cloudy seems to make me feel better.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:14 PM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning friends!
Looks like we may be getting some more rain off and on--typical summer storms I suppose. I like those because they come and go quickly while cooling things off for a bit!
I did take BuBu for a walk around the yard yesterday--didn't go very far but he enjoyed sniffing everything and being with me and I did enjoy being with him too! Of course "his" cat had to tag along just to make sure I was doing everything right I guess--that is the reason I can't take the dog for a walk down the road--the cat follows! Oh well at least we do have a large area to walk around in just in the yard and plenty of things to sniff! His own fenced in yard is nearly 1/8 of an acre so he has room to romp in--he is just not much of a romper! Legs are to short! Smile!
I talked to my son and he is trying to figure when he will be working around our area or at least going by this area so he can drop my GD off for a visit. We miss the Grand kids so much! Have a nice day everyone and again and always thanks for having my back! You are all so appreciated!
Cyn, there's just something about your dog with "his" pet cat that always tickles me to no end when you talk about them- that is the neatest thing ever, and it's always so special, IMO to see two critters- especially when they're of two different species develop a friendship like that. Short legs, eh?- is your dog a dachsund, or a basset hound?

I guess the yardwork and being outside give you a little lift from your 24/7 caregivers' roles, so I hope you can do enough to enjoy it and not be overwhelmed with too much of it- a happy medium, so to speak.

And here's hoping that your GD can make it for a nice visit with you and DH before too long! I bet you do miss your grandkids!

Old 06-27-2014, 02:57 PM

Amber called--they will be here July 23rd until Aug 6th and I am one excited mama! Of course they always split up the time between my sons house in Huntersville and here and when they come here they bring all the kids so it will be crazy but good! I can hardly wait to meet my newest grand daughter!! And hold her!

Old 06-27-2014, 04:00 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Cyn, this is amazing news! So wonderful that you are going to be able to bond with the new baby!

Old 06-27-2014, 06:37 PM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Amber called--they will be here July 23rd until Aug 6th and I am one excited mama! Of course they always split up the time between my sons house in Huntersville and here and when they come here they bring all the kids so it will be crazy but good! I can hardly wait to meet my newest grand daughter!! And hold her!
YEAY Cyn!!! Something wonderful to look forward to!

Old 06-28-2014, 04:08 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Thumbs up Family Visit

So glad to hear the news of the up coming visit. Love and healing......new baby......connections!

Old 06-28-2014, 05:04 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Good morning!

Old 06-28-2014, 06:38 AM

Good morning friends!
Yes I am happy and exited! We got some wicked rain with lots of thunder and lightening last night--even lost electricity but only for a few minutes thankfully! We are suppose to have more of the same today so I want to get any trips to town done as early as we can. I called Medco again yesterday and they still have not received my returned medication--figures! But they are being nice and trying to be helpful about it. Funny part is no one seems to understand how it could happen because even on the order form they send to me it had my PO box number typed in. Weird! The girl said to call again today.....I guess returns go a lot slower in the mail!

Old 06-28-2014, 10:27 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Smile *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro
Cyn, this is amazing news! So wonderful that you are going to be able to bond with the new baby!
Yes indeed it is!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving