Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 11:01 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times

Advertisements

Sudcaro and sweet Miranda you both are in my prayers. Bless you.

All of you are my heroes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 11:13 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Sudcaro and sweet Miranda you both are in my prayers. Bless you.

All of you are my heroes.
Thank you.
I'm no hero though, the sweetpea and the other kids here are.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:29 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,753 times
Cyn, I have mixed feelings today. While I am so glad to know that your grand daughter will be visiting you soon (ah the joy of holding an infant!) I am saddened to hear about your DH's breathing trouble.

Go easy on yourself my dear. One day at a time.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:32 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
I'm trying Maila--I am so trying but just sometimes to many things seem to happen all at once and it pulls me down..but I'll get up and shake it off and tomorrow will be better! I pray it is!
Sudcaro, do not sell yourself short my dear--you are a hero for being strong and being a wonderful person!

Old 06-30-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Thank you.
Good luck Sudcaro.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I'm trying Maila--I am so trying but just sometimes to many things seem to happen all at once and it pulls me down..but I'll get up and shake it off and tomorrow will be better! I pray it is!
Sudcaro, do not sell yourself short my dear--you are a hero for being strong and being a wonderful person!
just know that sometimes its ok to feel drowned. After all, we are all human.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:51 PM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Thank you.
That's for sure, the sweetpea and the other kids going through what she is are just plain inspirational, their bravery, and their determination to carry on, to keep the exhuberance and joy of childhood even when they're not feeling so well and they're going through things that are uncomfortable and hurt, even.

But you know who makes it possible for those kids to be so brave? That would be you, and the other parents whose support, love and dedication to your children, your always being with them, reassuring them when they hurt or are scared, their knowing they can count on you always. If that doesn't make you a hero, then I don't know what would!

I think back to the time I worked in the pediatric hematology/oncology unit- I was truly inspired by both the kids AND their parents.

Prayers and best wishes for the sweetpea and all of you!

Old 06-30-2014, 03:11 PM

We're home--all of us! Vet said he does have an inflamed tooth but can probably control it for now with antibiotics...all shots are taken care of and the vet did say he does have an intestinal upset he could feel it...so he got a shot for that too. I have some antibiotics to give him and we did not end up in the poor house--$160.00--not bad to feel alive again! Thank you Lord!

Old 06-30-2014, 03:59 PM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
We're home--all of us! Vet said he does have an inflamed tooth but can probably control it for now with antibiotics...all shots are taken care of and the vet did say he does have an intestinal upset he could feel it...so he got a shot for that too. I have some antibiotics to give him and we did not end up in the poor house--$160.00--not bad to feel alive again! Thank you Lord!
Pass on a scratch behind the ears to poor Bubu for me, if you would? Sounds like the poor booger has a few reasons to be feeling bad, glad you were able to get some help for him, and his shots....hope he feels better soon!

And I'm glad it didn't cost more! $160 is enough, but I guess I'm not really up on what vet costs are these days.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:27 PM

Well that is $160.00 more the I wanted to spend but I'd spend it any day for my furbabies! Could have been a lot more...this vet knows our situation and seems to actually care.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving