Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2014, 07:02 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times

Advertisements

What a beautiful post smilinpretty..very sweet..actually made me feel much better--a huge thank you!
StealthRabbit, I know what you are saying and I do so often forget the blessings and dwell on the negative. Just happens easily I suppose but you are right. My dear girlfriend told me to get a jar and each time I receive a blessing, write it down and put it in the jar and one day go back and read all those blessings. I think I will do that!
And my dear elston, yes these are days of trials...I've never been good at waking up without sleep--always had an attitude but this is a different situation and I have to learn to think about my poor DH and how he feels and get off my poor me attitude. Working on that one!
A person can only say sorry so many times and it get old so it's time not to have to say sorry and fix my problem! I know I can do it.
I have decided to get off my rear and go out to the shop/garage (scary) and start pulling out a few items here and there to list on ebay. They are lots of Snap-on things so I know I will make some money from those. So far I only have listed a few but since I know very little about them I have to research them first and now I add a message at the bottom of my advertisements about the situation with my husband and that I am doing my best so please be patient. I have 2 more things to list today---it's good because when I do have a little time (I never really have much time) but it is something that keeps my mind off of everything else and it also brings in some money--everyone can use that! Ha! Oh wow--I actually said HA! I also have applied for social security so hopefully that will be approved and then I will feel a little more comfortable. So I am working at getting some kind of our life in some kind of order again---it just takes me time.
This morning started at 4am and was one of the bad ones---DH was extremely anxious..even the medication didn't seem to help. His throat is very congested and I ran out of the patches last night to use on him for that so I called and they will have some delivered this morning sometime. He is so confused at times it scares me and I don't know what to say to him. That's when I get cranky...he keeps pulling at his blankets and asking for the urinal when he is a catheter---I'm so afraid he'll pull on it and cause a problem. I think I'll have him checked to make sure he has no urinary infection that may be causing pain. It's just been a long week-end--3 days with no help at all...now I appreciate Hospice more then ever. The girls that work there are all angels. I have grown quite fond of all of them. I wish I could do something special for each of them! And not to forget my wonderful neighbors that their father/husband has ALS too. They have been the biggest blessing. They take my mail and pick it up, even watched my DH yesterday for 50 minutes while I went and got special cat food for my old lady kitty, bring me dinners all the time---I never knew people like the ones I have met even existed--I keep wondering why they do it.....yes, I would do it for them but I have never been on this side and met so many truly caring people. Certainly restores my faith in the human race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 07:20 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Dear Cyn......you forget all the cats and critters that you went out of your way to help......all those ones you helped gather up to be spayed and neutered.....cleaning the kennels and cages....

If there is such a thing as KARMA.....it might be why you are finding wonderfully unselfish and caring people who want to help you. Your balance sheet is not overdrawn......each and every day.....you are depositing good works and sacrifices.

I am so happy that you are getting a return in the form of kind acts! God Blessings. There are angels hovering round.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,149 times
Cyn, you are one of the kindest persons I have ever known. Please don't second guess yourself as to how nice a person you are. We all say and do things which we do not mean, under the best of circumstances. The grace with which you have been carrying yourself in these really hard circumstances is commendable.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:57 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
I am crying! A good hard cry! Thank you elston for those tender words and Maila...you silly girl, went above and beyond but thank you!

Old 09-02-2014, 03:33 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I have to learn to think about my poor DH and how he feels and get off my poor me attitude. Working on that one!
Certainly no one will fault you there. But you've already been doing that, from the very beginning. Don't sell yourself short.

Quote:
I also have applied for social security so hopefully that will be approved and then I will feel a little more comfortable. So I am working at getting some kind of our life in some kind of order again
Good for you. You have to look out for yourself, and take care of your worries one at a time, as you can.

Quote:
I wish I could do something special for each of them!
You will .... in time. Now is not that time, but when you are able to, both physically and emotionally.

I'm glad hospice is coming through for you. That helps ease your burdens some.

Quote:
I have never been on this side and met so many truly caring people. Certainly restores my faith in the human race.
Angels can come in human form. You're very lucky! It may not seem like that right now.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:32 AM

Good Morning cyn and friends. I am just doing my "morning rounds" to say hello and to offer a word of good cheer and comfort. May all be well with thee.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:29 AM

Morning Cyn and friends. Hope all is well.

Can someone please tell me what are critters? Are they similar to cats? I keep hearing the expression 'critters' here but I dont know what that is. I googled and all it comes up is a movie by name Critters.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
Morning Cyn and friends. Hope all is well.

Can someone please tell me what are critters? Are they similar to cats? I keep hearing the expression 'critters' here but I dont know what that is. I googled and all it comes up is a movie by name Critters.
Critters is a slang expression; I think it is mostly southern or Appalachian in origin.... and probably a corruption of "creatures". It is used to mean any animals.....often with semi-affection.

Another similar term is "varmint" or "varmits" .... this indicates less desirable critters.

Household pets qualify as "critters"..... skunks, weasels, marauding raccoons qualify as "varmints".

Old 09-03-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Critters is a slang expression; I think it is mostly southern or Appalachian in origin.... and probably a corruption of "creatures". It is used to mean any animals.....often with semi-affection.

Another similar term is "varmint" or "varmits" .... this indicates less desirable critters.

Household pets qualify as "critters"..... skunks, weasels, marauding raccoons qualify as "varmints".
oh! thats good to know. I did learn something new today. Thanks Elston.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:42 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times
Good Morning Everyone!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving