Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:39 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times

Advertisements

This may be (very) unpopular -

But I would KILL for a job where I could stay home and remain in pajamas all day, blasting the radio and just do housework. Having all the money just appear to cover the bills without having to worry and lose sleep, stress about it, and physically put in the hours required would be so spectacular.

I think "being a housewife is the hardest job in the world.." needs to go.

Edit -

BTW, I post this as I'm cleaning the house, doing laundry, hanging out with the dog, taking out trash/recycling, and will soon be tackling the dishes.

Last edited by TheEarthBeneathMe; 04-28-2014 at 01:43 PM..

Old 04-28-2014, 12:55 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post

But I would KILL for a job where I could stay home and remain in pajamas all day, blasting the radio and just do housework. Having all the money just appear to cover the bills without having to worry and lose sleep, stress about it, and physically put in the hours required would be so spectacular.

It can be tedious. I guess I am a housewife now. I stay home and could be in pajamas all day. I receive several steady paychecks from retirement benefits, so I can watch Judge Judy at 1600 without a care in the world -lol.

But, I make sure all the chores are done before noon. No kids, just a bunch of messy cats and dogs. Sheesh, they can be demanding.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
It can be tedious. I guess I am a housewife now. I stay home and could be in pajamas all day. I receive several steady paychecks from retirement benefits, so I can watch Judge Judy at 1600 without a care in the world -lol.

But, I make sure all the chores are done before noon. No kids, just a bunch of messy cats and dogs. Sheesh, they can be demanding.
lol, I haven't seen Judge Judy in years =(.

Enjoy it, sounds like you've earned it!

Old 04-28-2014, 01:46 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
How can these overworked and under-appreciated ladies get all that work done, what with all the self congratulatory back-slapping they're prone to do?

Old 04-28-2014, 02:02 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,380,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Thank you! I'm a woman, but it irks me when people complain about women doing everything to take care of the house.

Every single thing? Really? I can tell you right now that I would never want to mow, rake, etc the lawn, wash and take care of the vehicles. Take care of plumbing, electrical, heavy lifting, issues etc.

I will gladly mop, vacuum, clean etc., as long as I don't have to push a lawn mower. I can do it, but don't want to.
I often do many of the "man jobs" in our household. I'd rather push a lawn mower around than scrub toilets that the boys in my house have messed up more than I ever would on my own!

Old 04-28-2014, 02:55 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:

Edit -

BTW, I post this as I'm cleaning the house, doing laundry, hanging out with the dog, taking out trash/recycling, and will soon be tackling the dishes.
Sure.

It is easy until a kid like my son enters the picture.

And what makes you think there are no money worries? You have to be a careful and cautious steward, not to mention manage the finances.

Stay in your pjs all day and you may not stay married for long.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sure.

It is easy until a kid like my son enters the picture.

And what makes you think there are no money worries? You have to be a careful and cautious steward, not to mention manage the finances.

Stay in your pjs all day and you may not stay married for long.
Children require care. It's the cost of having them. The care you're giving them is simply a byproduct of the choice to have them.

I already manage the finances, so I don't understand the hardship that requires.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:40 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,442,467 times
Quote:

Edit -

You got the "very" part right.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:45 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,442,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
How can these overworked and under-appreciated ladies get all that work done, what with all the self congratulatory back-slapping they're prone to do?
And this is supposed to contribute and enlighten...how?

Do you think you can't do all the overwork if you engage in "self congratulatory back-slapping"?
Never mind nobody in a position to be overworked and under-appreciated / under-paid does that.

Such people are too busy trying to stay on top of things and venting their frustrations to simply bask in self-satisfaction and enjoy, as you seem to suggest - pretty callously, if i may add.

Last edited by syracusa; 04-29-2014 at 09:56 AM..

Old 04-29-2014, 09:54 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
When my son was married, if he arrived home first, he went to the kitchen and started the evening meal. She did the same if she arrived first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving