Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:39 PM

5 posts, read 7,916 times

Advertisements

we talked at first it was rough and ended poorly but later tonight we talked again and she said she understood as she had taken care of her mother and three other family members while pregnent, I swore I wasent abandoning her but for both of our health. it was best if I wasent her primary caretaker anymore and that she should find someone more qualified to be a pca. and she agreed. the plan is for when my sister comes home that she helps me right a resume, and then I go job searching once I find a full time job then I would retire from being a pca.

thanks for your support, the stress was getting so bad that I'm starting to have stomech problems and was finding myself to become increasingly overreact. hopefully things will now start getting better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 06:39 AM

733 posts, read 852,840 times
You MUST get into another situation.

Someone else must care or help care for your mom. It's too much for you to do so much by yourself, and it's bad for you and endangers you.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:49 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
It sounds like you have done a WONDERFUL job taking care of your mom. It also sounds like her needs are increasing. THis is not unusual, and sounds like a good time to transition. I"m sure your sister will understand if you explain that mom seems to be needing more professional help. You definitely need to find another caregiver, even if it is just part time, so you can focus on school work and have some time to yourself.

Best of luck to you in finding a new job!!!!! You might be surprised when you find yourself applying some of the skills you have practiced while caring for your mom. Caregiving is hard work, and you have done well.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:21 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
If you're going to school, there should be free services for resume-writing and job counseling. Writing the resume yourself will make it much easier for you to field questions about it during the interview. Frankly, I think you should probably see your course advisor since your personal situation negatively affected your grades. Maybe you can retake some of the courses.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:22 PM

511 posts, read 508,503 times
So sorry to hear this, you deserve better. Hang in there

This is an almost 24/7 situation so she'd be making about $9-$10 per hr if she worked away from home

My guess is she makes not nearly that but is programmed to think she has it good by her Lawyer Sibling

Make the lawyer help pay for a caregiver at least half the time, that is still a HUGE burden on you but

that's a start.

Also look into In Home Support Services which is probably who pays you anyhow but you may want to
look into how to qualify if not. Blessings to you, I will add you to my prayers

Old 05-31-2015, 06:26 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,571 times
Your Mom must have a case manager if she is an amputee. Call her/him and tell them you are stressed and need help and do not want to be the paid care giver any longer. DO that paperwork so you do not get into any trouble down the road with the Govt.
Get rid of all the dogs and keep a cat (ONE) as they can go in a litter box. Find a rescue that will take them and there ARE some usually but you don't just call and they come get them...you have to find them. If your Mom cannot walk them then it is not fair to have them and expect them not to SOIL IN THE HOUSE til a walker comes and goes. They DO have to go out every 3 hrs or so.
Get your drivers license, get back in school and stop feeling bad. The case manager person can fit your Mom with the appropriate people to come in and take care of her. She should not have expected a 20-something child to do that long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving