U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 06:24 PM

920 posts, read 642,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I am 62, I have a living will, and everyone who is close to me knows that I do not want to be kept alive, if I cannot care for myself at all and/or if I have no awareness of who I am or my surroundings.

I just wonder how much society would benefit if everyone who wants to die, if their quality of life becomes virtually zero with no hope of improvement, were allowed to be given a fatal overdose of barbituates. If someone gives very specific, clear, and firm directives as to what s/he wants done if s/he can no longer communicate, and s/he does this when s/he is of sound mind in the presence of an impartial witness, then when those conditions have been met (as established by two doctors at separate times), then why shouldn't those directives be honored?

What is the point of keeping people with very advanced Alzheimer's disease alive (for example), and especially if that is NOT what they would have wished for themselves? I honestly just do not know why so many people insist on keeping their loved ones alive when their minds and/or bodies are not functioning to the point that they lie in bed or sit all day, not even knowing who they are.

Of course, to make it clear, I am not advocating forcing death on anyone -- but if someone in the state described above has made it clear that they would rather be dead, then why should they be forced to continue to "live"?
California just passed the right to die bill. It will probably save taxpayers alot of money and save much needless suffering

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...a64_story.html

Old 09-23-2015, 06:40 PM

39,068 posts, read 20,165,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
Ichoro you need to stop harassing the OP with this same FALSE ACCUSATION OVER AND OVER. You've been told BY ME STOP already

http://www.city-data.com/forum/41275910-post302.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/41276143-post304.html

We have the right to participate in this thread without you stalking the OP with this same lie (false accusation) over and over

Obviously Ichoro doesn't like that I'm exposing the truth about the "safety net" or should I say the lies we've been told and then tries to divert away with more lies

Old 09-23-2015, 08:38 PM

1,576 posts, read 1,126,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I am 62, I have a living will, and everyone who is close to me knows that I do not want to be kept alive, if I cannot care for myself at all and/or if I have no awareness of who I am or my surroundings.

I just wonder how much society would benefit if everyone who wants to die, if their quality of life becomes virtually zero with no hope of improvement, were allowed to be given a fatal overdose of barbituates. If someone gives very specific, clear, and firm directives as to what s/he wants done if s/he can no longer communicate, and s/he does this when s/he is of sound mind in the presence of an impartial witness, then when those conditions have been met (as established by two doctors at separate times), then why shouldn't those directives be honored?

What is the point of keeping people with very advanced Alzheimer's disease alive (for example), and especially if that is NOT what they would have wished for themselves? I honestly just do not know why so many people insist on keeping their loved ones alive when their minds and/or bodies are not functioning to the point that they lie in bed or sit all day, not even knowing who they are.

Of course, to make it clear, I am not advocating forcing death on anyone -- but if someone in the state described above has made it clear that they would rather be dead, then why should they be forced to continue to "live"?

At your age, and your mother's, I wouldn't worry too much about making choices. Agenda 2030 will take care of those for you, beginning in January 2016. Anyone not contributing to society won't be here to worry about what 'care' they would like. It'll take TPTB a few years to implement this plan fully, of course (mustn't panic the sheeple), but it will be done. If you haven't read Agenda 2030 in its entirity yet, I strongly suggest you do.

Blessings,

Mahrie.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:29 AM
Yac

5,923 posts, read 6,505,682 times
I think this thread has gone on long enough.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or