Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 04:58 PM

2,841 posts, read 3,197,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminthian View Post
Yep, my grandmother went through that. She had to spend all of her life savings (probably close to $100K) on a nursing house for about 20 years until it was all gone, then she could stay there for free.
What was the point in saving that money her whole life? There was no point...
Why do you say there was no point? She paid her own way for 20 years with what she had saved. Or do you mean the inheritance was used up for that?

Old 09-08-2015, 05:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
Why do you say there was no point? She paid her own way for 20 years with what she had saved. Or do you mean the inheritance was used up for that?
Nice try but no go Windwalker ....

If her grandmother would not have saved her nursing home cost would be paid by the tax payer. Our government rewards people who don't pay their way and falls short for the middle class.

Windwalker tries the spin and comes up empty.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:12 PM

2,841 posts, read 3,197,335 times
This is the Caregivers Forum, not a political forum.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Or do you mean the inheritance was used up for that?
What's wong? You don't like how your spin, I mean personal attack was exposed?

Good we can talk about how my middle class tax payer mom who became poor got denied for home health care assistance but can stay in the nursing home. Do you have any advise on how to help a middle class turned poor person who paid their way can get help?

Last edited by petch751; 09-08-2015 at 05:23 PM..

Old 09-08-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
And my point is a lot of middle class people do not realize that there is a train wreck ahead in their lives. Because they do not learn about medicare and medicaid they somehow believe that medicare will take care of all their needs when they are elderly. I'm exposing that myth. I've also exposed how the poor are taken care of but the middle class are not. We, the middle class are lead to believe if we should become poor and in need we will get help. That too is a myth.

ssshhh lets not talk about that. It might dip a big toe into government policies and how it hurts the elderly and middle class. Everything is just peaches and cream and lets not warn anyone about the disaster ahead.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:24 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I've also exposed how the poor are taken care of but the middle class are not. We, the middle class are lead to believe if we should become poor and in need we will get help. That too is a myth.
That's a contradiction.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
That's a contradiction.
Don't just make a statement Mr Canada who doesn't live under or need to understand U.S. policies, explain your statement.

You do realize that most Americans don't understand our medicare and medicaid system until they are knee deep in the bureaucracy but I'm sure you Mr Canada can teach us? It will be fun, did you know some of our citizens think it's too hard to get an ID?

LOL, go for it. (I'll check back later for my lesson)

Old 09-08-2015, 05:33 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Oh well, in a few more years, we'll have more "free enterprise" in the nursing home industry and Grandma will be "Soylent Green" in the name of saving money.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Oh well, in a few more years, we'll have more "free enterprise" in the nursing home industry and Grandma will be "Soylent Green" in the name of saving money.
Oh gross! spit.. spit, wash out mouth, gargle, gargle, spit. I'll go deer hunting first (and won't be sharing with my cuz)

Old 09-08-2015, 05:47 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Don't just make a statement Mr Canada who doesn't have to abide by U.S. policies, explain your statement. You do realize that most Americans don't understand our medicare and medicaid system until they are knee deep in the bureaucracy of the laws but I'm sure you Mr Canada can teach us? It will be fun, did you know some of our citizens think it's too hard to get an ID?

LOL, go for it.
???

I didn't think my post required more words to be understood. O.K. I'll spell it out. Americans define themselves as being middle class or poor based on their income:
How Do You Define Middle Class? People Who Make What I Do - Real Time Economics - WSJ

So if someone middle class becomes poor they are no longer middle class.

I was responding to your post where you said the poor are taken care of. In the next sentence you said some poor are NOT taken care of. I simply and politely noted that those two sentences were a contradiction.

Why are you so rude?

By the way, if you read my ID, you'd notice my name is Irene. I'm a female, not a male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving