U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 05:42 PM

3,862 posts, read 6,879,934 times

Advertisements

It's very hard. I think my biggest problem is not calling the hospice nurse often enough. They are always reminding me that I should call if something doesn't seem right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 08:02 AM

3,319 posts, read 3,026,211 times
My Guy is now my husband. He has declined significantly- especially over the holiday weekend. Over the weekend, I had two nurses on two separate days tell me that he has a few days to about a week or so. I'm gone from advocate to caregiver to funeral planner.

I truly don't mind caring for him. The hardest part is hearing him moan or say, "No, no," when ANY part of him is moved. I lose it at the times when he hurts.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
My Guy is now my husband. He has declined significantly- especially over the holiday weekend. Over the weekend, I had two nurses on two separate days tell me that he has a few days to about a week or so. I'm gone from advocate to caregiver to funeral planner.

I truly don't mind caring for him. The hardest part is hearing him moan or say, "No, no," when ANY part of him is moved. I lose it at the times when he hurts.
This post is bittersweet, metamorphosis. I want to say congratulations on your marriage but I'm sorry you both have so little time left together.

I know it must be so hard to deal with seeing him in pain. Thank God he has you to care for him and be a warm, loving presence.

Sending up prayers for you both!

Old 07-07-2016, 12:51 PM

17,069 posts, read 17,395,218 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
This post is bittersweet, metamorphosis. I want to say congratulations on your marriage but I'm sorry you both have so little time left together.

I know it must be so hard to deal with seeing him in pain. Thank God he has you to care for him and be a warm, loving presence.

Sending up prayers for you both!
photobuff said it very well.

Hugs to you.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:38 PM

Thank you.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:45 PM

He has passed away. He will certainly be missed.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:55 PM

420 posts, read 265,415 times
I'm so sorry. I'm glad you were there for him.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:02 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,380,979 times
I am so sorry for your great loss.

Thank you for everything you did for him.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:15 PM

metamorphosis,
I read your post and just feel so sorry for your loss. After I read it, I went back to the beginning of this thread and read through it all again. Your strength and love for your husband show through every post you made. You fought a valiant fight right along side MG. Every action you took honored him and the love you shared with him. I am glad he can be at peace and out of pain now, but I know you must be exhausted and feeling alone. As always, I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Old 07-11-2016, 07:55 AM

4,264 posts, read 8,161,506 times
Quote:
He has passed away. He will certainly be missed.
Metamorphosis, I am sorry for your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or