U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-24-2016, 09:09 AM
 
6,461 posts, read 6,458,414 times
Reputation: 9799

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Wow! I don't think that I have ever met anyone in my entire life who used a "five step moisturizing system twice a day" and my daughter competed in national and international level beauty pageants and I competed in adult pageants, as well!


I am sure that looking her best made her feel very good.
It's super complicated. She uses Premarin cream under her eyes, then an eye cream, all over hyaluronic serum, night time cream, and then a moisturizer with sunscreen on top. I will say, she does look great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-24-2016, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Wisconsin
16,944 posts, read 17,243,367 times
Reputation: 40998
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Wow! I don't think that I have ever met anyone in my entire life who used a "five step moisturizing system twice a day" and my daughter competed in national and international level beauty pageants and I competed in adult pageants, as well!


I am sure that looking her best made her feel very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
It's super complicated. She uses Premarin cream under her eyes, then an eye cream, all over hyaluronic serum, night time cream, and then a moisturizer with sunscreen on top. I will say, she does look great.

Of course, my beauty routine is washing my face when I take a shower (if I remember) so anything more than that seems pretty complicated to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2016, 07:57 PM
 
6,461 posts, read 6,458,414 times
Reputation: 9799
Just wanted to let you know my mom is doing better. She's at home now and getting three hours of therapy a day. My sibling and I are alternating care, so it's pretty good right now. She can walk using a walker and is almost speaking normally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2016, 08:54 PM
 
175 posts, read 163,414 times
Reputation: 386
Hi Meyerland,

Glad to hear your mother is doing better and you and your sibling have a schedule worked out that suits you both. I have had two strokes. One I had the Friday before Mother's day weekend in 2014 when I was 46. It was brain stem, ischemic. I had to learn to walk again, write, shower, etc. Then this past Dec of 2015, I had another one that was cerebellum, ischemic. I did get the tpa shot this time so it was easier. I have more problems this time mentally than the first time. I had therapy both times at a brain injury center. I am on a ton of medications and my ADD is worse, but I can drive and I am hoping to go back to college in the fall. Hang in there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2016, 10:26 PM
 
Location: Leaving fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada
3,855 posts, read 6,855,334 times
Reputation: 7311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Just wanted to let you know my mom is doing better. She's at home now and getting three hours of therapy a day. My sibling and I are alternating care, so it's pretty good right now. She can walk using a walker and is almost speaking normally.
So glad to hear that your mom is doing better. Sounds like you have a good system going. Yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2016, 12:06 AM
 
2,169 posts, read 1,686,624 times
Reputation: 4891
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduringWon View Post
Hi Meyerland,

Glad to hear your mother is doing better and you and your sibling have a schedule worked out that suits you both. I have had two strokes. One I had the Friday before Mother's day weekend in 2014 when I was 46. It was brain stem, ischemic. I had to learn to walk again, write, shower, etc. Then this past Dec of 2015, I had another one that was cerebellum, ischemic. I did get the tpa shot this time so it was easier. I have more problems this time mentally than the first time. I had therapy both times at a brain injury center. I am on a ton of medications and my ADD is worse, but I can drive and I am hoping to go back to college in the fall. Hang in there!
Very nice of you to relate your experiences. Wishing you good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2016, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,494 posts, read 35,950,842 times
Reputation: 62902
So glad to hear your mom is doing better! She will probably continue to improve for many months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2016, 07:01 AM
 
6,461 posts, read 6,458,414 times
Reputation: 9799
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So glad to hear your mom is doing better! She will probably continue to improve for many months.
It helps that she's on antidepressants now. I'm sure she would be depressed otherwise. I hope your mom starts taking better care of herself. At least my mom eats, because she doesn't want to lose weight as that adds wrinkles. I've been thinking about your mom, when I'm with mine. I don't know what I'd do if mine quit eating normal amounts of good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2016, 07:03 AM
 
6,461 posts, read 6,458,414 times
Reputation: 9799
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduringWon View Post
Hi Meyerland,

Glad to hear your mother is doing better and you and your sibling have a schedule worked out that suits you both. I have had two strokes. One I had the Friday before Mother's day weekend in 2014 when I was 46. It was brain stem, ischemic. I had to learn to walk again, write, shower, etc. Then this past Dec of 2015, I had another one that was cerebellum, ischemic. I did get the tpa shot this time so it was easier. I have more problems this time mentally than the first time. I had therapy both times at a brain injury center. I am on a ton of medications and my ADD is worse, but I can drive and I am hoping to go back to college in the fall. Hang in there!
Thanks! It is a big fear that my mom will have another stroke, as it's tough to come back from one, much less two. I am glad you are getting better, and I hope you can go back to school. Hope you keep getting better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2016, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Wisconsin
16,944 posts, read 17,243,367 times
Reputation: 40998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Just wanted to let you know my mom is doing better. She's at home now and getting three hours of therapy a day. My sibling and I are alternating care, so it's pretty good right now. She can walk using a walker and is almost speaking normally.
I am so happy for you and your mom that she is doing better.

And, I am glad to see siblings working together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top