Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 03:17 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times

Advertisements

Germaine, sorry to hear that things got so frustrating, I am glad that the condo is no longer your responsiblity and just one more thing you can put behind you as you get on with your life. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with family, enjoy those grandbabies and relax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 03:44 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Phewww, what an ordeal!! Your survivor skills must be really well developed!!

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family now.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:16 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Germaine, I've been through a rough closing before. It is no fun. I do think they mishandled this by not informing you, and I can't imagine that they do not know this. However, you've accomplished what you set out to do all those months ago. Concentrate on that. You have done this against great odds. You've come through. The closing snafu was not a personal insult, although it was thoughtless, and it wasn't personal.

You've still got time to spend with your family. May you have a good time together. I imagine seeing your grands will make you so glad to be alive! Happy Fourth of July!

Old 07-01-2016, 07:21 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile I can sympathize....

As a mortgage broker and pretty much a one person shop, I do it all. We now have this wonderful thing called TRID which really is a pain, just a waste of time, more paperwork, meaningless really.

You would have to work in the industry to see how many moving parts there are and title is only one piece of it.

It's over so just enjoy your son, DIL and their children (your grandchildren).

You've been through so much; admire your spirit and your positive spin.

I had a closing get delayed over a last minute Quality Control review found a very small word in the appraisal and deemed it a safety issue. So, closing delayed until Tuesday but no extension. Realtor was not nice to me at all.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:32 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Default Update, Sunday, July 3.

Update, Sunday, July 3.

Condo is closed. Daughter picked up the check. On Tuesday, I will drop off the rest of the keys, garage door opener & mail box key to the Title Company. Our apartment is overloaded with boxes but the condo is history. We still have a little downsizing to do with the stuff that we brought over at the end. But, we can take our time on that.

Our son did get to take a final walk through the empty condo. We have done quite a few things with his family so far. Friday night we went out for dinner together. Saturday we went a boat tour.

Sunday we had family portraits taken. We had a huge variety, all of us together, just the grandparents (me & DH), grandparents & grandkids, just our son's family, just our immediate family, just our two adult children plus a bunch with just the grandkids. It was a little pricy, but we had a big coupon and some other discounts so it was well worth it. I'm hoping that having some new photographs up will be helpful in keeping my husband "centered" and current.

BTW, The last three days I took naps varying from two to five hours long. Obviously, I was pretty exhausted after finishing up at the condo.

Last edited by germaine2626; 07-03-2016 at 06:49 PM..

Old 07-03-2016, 06:46 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
A check, family visit with pics, and naps. Sounds like things have definitely improved for you!!!

Old 07-03-2016, 07:22 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Glad that you have had a good weekend and have been able to spend quality time with your family.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:11 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
What a great visit from your son and family! And, now the hardest part about moving is over.

Happy Independence Day!

Old 07-05-2016, 10:00 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Default Update, late July 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Update, Sunday, July 3.

Condo is closed. Daughter picked up the check. On Tuesday, I will drop off the rest of the keys, garage door opener & mail box key to the Title Company. Our apartment is overloaded with boxes but the condo is history. We still have a little downsizing to do with the stuff that we brought over at the end. But, we can take our time on that.

Our son did get to take a final walk through the empty condo. We have done quite a few things with his family so far. Friday night we went out for dinner together. Saturday we went a boat tour.

Sunday we had family portraits taken. We had a huge variety, all of us together, just the grandparents (me & DH), grandparents & grandkids, just our son's family, just our immediate family, just our two adult children plus a bunch with just the grandkids. It was a little pricy, but we had a big coupon and some other discounts so it was well worth it. I'm hoping that having some new photographs up will be helpful in keeping my husband "centered" and current.

BTW, The last three days I took naps varying from two to five hours long. Obviously, I was pretty exhausted after finishing up at the condo.
Update, late July 5

OMG! I am still exhausted! I finally get the condo sold and now I'm trying to get things ready for the farm centennial on Saturday. I have most of the farm stuff packed up ready to go. But, I am so far behind on other things due to the final push with getting the condo empty. I spent almost all day today running various errands that were put off from the past few weeks.

I have a stack of mail & bills that are more than two weeks old that I haven't even opened up, let alone paid. Yikes! And, many, many things like that. I was scheduled to leave for the farm tomorrow at noon and I don't see how I can possible get everything ready in time. But, I will try hard to do it.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:37 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
July 1.
They said that they are almost 100% sure that the money will clear overnight and they will schedule our closing first thing today. The problem is that we already are pretty booked up with various things connected to our son & family coming in from California and I can't just leave hubby unsupervised to drive to another city (albeit, a fairly close city).

I guess that I am just upset (very upset) that the title company told the buyer that the scheduled closing was postponed but did not tell me, the seller, until I had been waiting over an hour and fifteen minutes in the closing room.
I don't blame you for being upset. Someone - your realtor or the title company - should have called you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving