Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2017, 04:33 PM

687 posts, read 637,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Germaine, so glad to hear all of your very good news.
Same here! Rest up and take care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 10:13 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Such good news. I am so happy you are getting much needed rest. And your treatment seems to be working well. I am thrilled to hear such good news.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
This is all really good news. I hope everything continues to improve at such a pace!

Old 04-08-2017, 10:20 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
I've just caught up on your life, and I'm so glad to hear the good news re both you and your hubby. I hope you have a good visit tomorrow and find him adjusting well. Sleep is an important part of your healing and it's great that you're FINALLY getting some. I just continue to admire your stamina so much, especially as I begin a similar journey with my husband.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:15 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Default Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
April 6, 2017
Dear CD Friends,

I am so very delighted that my CA-125 (cancer antigen) scores have dropped so dramatically. The chemo-oncologist says that it is a very good indicate that the chemical process of the cancer treatment is working. Yippee!!!

Wow, I just woke up after my third good night's sleep in a row. I had no idea how stressful & tiring it was to always be sort-of half asleep so that I could hear if the apartment door alarm went off or if there was a crash in the kitchen or hubby was waking me up for some reason.

After, DS and I got hubby all set in the CBRF on Monday I have not be back because of my chemotherapy. It was such a long day on Monday with multiple hours of meetings, then leaving briefly to get some additional things that hubby needed some, power cords, his phone charger, additional food (until they got his special food needs arranged). We left my apartment at 8:30 AM & got back to stay at 7 PM.

DS is going to the CBRF each day for a few hours to check on things and to finish odds & ends. As an example, the TV received something like 30 or 40 channels over the antennae and DS temporary removed all of them so hubby can only get the two channels that have his favorite shows (we may add some channel later but right now that is plenty). We also ordered a remote that only has five large buttons (on-off, channel-up, channel-down and volume-up and volume-down), as the previous remote had over 60 buttons on it. DS also made a large chart with the names of hubby' two favorite shows (Jeopardy and Law & Order) and what time they are on plus a chart of the daily activities.

So far, it is working out fine. DS is leaving on Saturday night so on Sunday I'm arranging for my brother or a friend to drive me to the CBRF. It will only five days after chemo and the last two times I was still was a little shaky to make a slightly long drive (20 plus minutes each way) so I want to be proactive. The chemo doctor said that I did not have to wait a week after chemo to visit hubby, but to strictly avoid anyone who appears to be coughing or sick and to wash my hands very frequently.

So, I am getting plenty of rest, DS is making my food and making sure that I have plenty of fluids and everything is working out well.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts, prayers and well wishes.
Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I was still pretty wiped out on Sunday so I decided not to visit hubby.

However, I felt well enough to visit him yesterday and today. He is adjusting well, or as well as can be expected.

My weekly blood work was great.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:56 PM

3,252 posts, read 2,338,548 times
So glad to hear your bloodwork remains great so you won't have to postpone any treatments. My cousin also had ovarian cancer and went through the same treatment you are having. It was grueling at times but she's now finished, cancer free, and feeling great! You soon will too!

It helped me to plan little treats for myself after each chemo and then a BIG treat when I was completely finished. For me, it was a relaxing trip. It helped me to keep my 'eyes on the prize'.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:54 AM

Germaine, amen to the treats for yourself! I'm a huge believer in giving ourselves little presents!

Old 04-12-2017, 08:49 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I was still pretty wiped out on Sunday so I decided not to visit hubby.

However, I felt well enough to visit him yesterday and today. He is adjusting well, or as well as can be expected.

My weekly blood work was great.
All good news. So happy about the blood work.

And, you are feeling more rested?

Old 04-12-2017, 11:46 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,472,468 times
Wow, you're treatment is really kicking ass on those cancer cells! That's great news. Keep it up!

Old 04-12-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Wow, you're treatment is really kicking ass on those cancer cells! That's great news. Keep it up!
Yes, the treatment is AMAZING! Germaine, I'm so glad your body is responding so well and that you are able to focus on your own health and healing now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving