Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 01:10 PM

19,434 posts, read 8,984,844 times

Advertisements

So happy that everything seems to be working out for both you and your daughter! Please take care of yourself, and let us know how you are doing.

I am sure that you have everyone's best wishes here on C-D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 01:18 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,296,453 times
So glad to get this update. I read about the accident and it seemed bad. I will pray for you, your daughter and your family.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:46 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,000,555 times
Praying for your family. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:07 PM

922 posts, read 780,003 times
Update: My daughter is now out of ICU and in a regular hospital room! Her dad left to go back to St. Francis this morning. Now the real healing begins. She is not feeling great but I suppose that's to be expected considering all she's been through.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:04 PM

Thank you for updating. Praying for you all.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:25 PM

427 posts, read 435,786 times
Sending healing and happy thoughts your way. May the road ahead have a light at the end of the tunnel you all can aim for.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:47 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,267,330 times
Glad your daughter is recovering and y'all have a plan

Old 11-01-2016, 08:39 AM

New Update: My daughter has been feeling really down the past few days since her dad went home. Yesterday she called me crying her eyes out because the doctor told her they would not let her go with her dad back home and be put in the hospital there. I talked to her nurse, who explained that they would not release her to go to a hospital with a lower level of care than the one she is in. (Swedish is a level one trauma center.) I explained to her that she was alone and needed her family. The nurse said I could come and stay in the room with her, and said she would call me back with more details.

A couple of hours later, my daughter called and was ecstatic. She had spoken with her case worker, and they are going to send her back to St. Francis to a nursing home/rehab center there. Instead of her dad picking her up, she would be traveling by ambulance, which is better anyway since there is no way she can get into a truck at this point. It was so wonderful to hear her happy! She will get to see her husband and daughter, and her friends, which will help so much in her healing. The plan is that my husband and I will make the trip to St. Francis (still a long trip for us but a few hours closer than Denver) to see her. She has been through so much the past week, and now she can finally go home.

The final tally of her injuries: left arm broken in four places, shattered pelvis, broken sacrum, broken left leg, broken right ankle, and now blood clots in both calves.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, kind thoughts and support. It has helped me get through this more than you know!

Old 11-01-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
New Update: My daughter has been feeling really down the past few days since her dad went home. Yesterday she called me crying her eyes out because the doctor told her they would not let her go with her dad back home and be put in the hospital there. I talked to her nurse, who explained that they would not release her to go to a hospital with a lower level of care than the one she is in. (Swedish is a level one trauma center.) I explained to her that she was alone and needed her family. The nurse said I could come and stay in the room with her, and said she would call me back with more details.

A couple of hours later, my daughter called and was ecstatic. She had spoken with her case worker, and they are going to send her back to St. Francis to a nursing home/rehab center there. Instead of her dad picking her up, she would be traveling by ambulance, which is better anyway since there is no way she can get into a truck at this point. It was so wonderful to hear her happy! She will get to see her husband and daughter, and her friends, which will help so much in her healing. The plan is that my husband and I will make the trip to St. Francis (still a long trip for us but a few hours closer than Denver) to see her. She has been through so much the past week, and now she can finally go home.

The final tally of her injuries: left arm broken in four places, shattered pelvis, broken sacrum, broken left leg, broken right ankle, and now blood clots in both calves.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, kind thoughts and support. It has helped me get through this more than you know!
I will continue to pray for your family. I am so glad you will be able to travel to see her. She needs you!

Old 11-04-2016, 04:03 PM

Latest Update: She has been pretty depressed the past few days, but is coming around. She just wants to go home. Today, she sat on the edge of the bed for 10 minutes, and sat in a chair for an hour. This is great news! Tomorrow, her dad, husband and daughter are going to drive out there to see her for a couple of hours. Her daughter is only six, and doesn't seem to really know what's going on, so she acts out.

She has been without her glasses since the accident, so she can't see the tv or much of anything else for that matter. The frames were destroyed in the wreck, but the lenses are okay. Her step-mom took them to be fixed, but it was going to cost $150. When her daughter's school found out about this, all the teachers pitched in and paid for new frames! I just can't believe the kindness and love that the town of St. Francis has shown to her and her family. How truly blessed she is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving