Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2017, 05:49 PM

687 posts, read 637,187 times

Advertisements

It sounds overwhelming and I know is even harder without your husband there to help and just be with you. But it will be over in the not-too-distant future. Just get through it. You've come this far and you can make it.

Chiggers - they are terrible monsters! I'd never been bitten by them in my life until a few months ago. Oh my, I thought that itching would never go away.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:52 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesseco View Post
It sounds overwhelming and I know is even harder without your husband there to help and just be with you. But it will be over in the not-too-distant future. Just get through it. You've come this far and you can make it.

Chiggers - they are terrible monsters! I'd never been bitten by them in my life until a few months ago. Oh my, I thought that itching would never go away.
How did they get BEHIND MY KNEES? Both knees. I'm scratching like crazy!

Oh, and around my waistband too. Good times.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:01 PM

Here are a few more photos of the place. Maybe seeing these, some of you can understand why my heart is breaking to watch this place leave our family.
Attached Thumbnails
Chat Thread: Adventures in Caregiving-homestead-3.jpg   Chat Thread: Adventures in Caregiving-dogtrot-summer.jpg   Chat Thread: Adventures in Caregiving-dogtrot-ice-pixlr.jpg   Chat Thread: Adventures in Caregiving-2014-06-11_1402528828.jpg  

Old 07-11-2017, 07:03 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
How did they get BEHIND MY KNEES? Both knees. I'm scratching like crazy!

Oh, and around my waistband too. Good times.
They like crevices. Put clear fingernail polish on them and they will die. Well, you could use a color but you will look funny.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:27 PM

687 posts, read 637,187 times
Quote:
Here are a few more photos of the place. Maybe seeing these, some of you can understand why my heart is breaking to watch this place leave our family.
Oh, Kathryn, it is beautiful! Drink it all in and then you can savor its memory forever.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
They like crevices. Put clear fingernail polish on them and they will die. Well, you could use a color but you will look funny.
Haha! Right - I've got clear so I'll try that!

Old 07-11-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesseco View Post
Oh, Kathryn, it is beautiful! Drink it all in and then you can savor its memory forever.
That's what I'm doing, and thankfully I have a lot of photos and will take more. I just have to let it go. I can do this, but it's just painful. So much of these past few years has been so painful. I never expected my 50s to be so bleak and so full of loss. I guess I am learning how to "gird my loins" or just tuck in and take it.

It's no fun. I just want to run off to where my daughter and grandkids are - with their healthy, young faces and vibrant lives - and just soak that in. I wish they weren't about 8 states away. But I might just hop in the car and drive there anyway. Boy, would my husband ever be surprised.

Hmmm....I probably won't do it but it's fun to think about.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
That's what I'm doing, and thankfully I have a lot of photos and will take more. I just have to let it go. I can do this, but it's just painful. So much of these past few years has been so painful. I never expected my 50s to be so bleak and so full of loss. I guess I am learning how to "gird my loins" or just tuck in and take it.

It's no fun. I just want to run off to where my daughter and grandkids are - with their healthy, young faces and vibrant lives - and just soak that in. I wish they weren't about 8 states away. But I might just hop in the car and drive there anyway. Boy, would my husband ever be surprised.

Hmmm....I probably won't do it but it's fun to think about.
DO IT. Start making the plans. I take it you and daughter mended up your fences nicely?

Old 07-11-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
DO IT. Start making the plans. I take it you and daughter mended up your fences nicely?
Not really.

In fact, no.

I have two daughters. Both have four kids each. I have always gotten along great with one family. The other relationship is very fractured. Ironically, the one I get along with so well actually lives several states away. The one I am at odds with lives less than an hour away, with four of my eight grandkids.

Don't even get me started on that.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Not really.

In fact, no.

I have two daughters. Both have four kids each. I have always gotten along great with one family. The other relationship is very fractured. Ironically, the one I get along with so well actually lives several states away. The one I am at odds with lives less than an hour away, with four of my eight grandkids.

Don't even get me started on that.
OK that is kinda wild because the one 8 states away also homeschools? That is why I thought it was same daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving