Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 10:22 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
The agency can't discriminate who they hire, correct. HOWEVER, YOU are hiring the agency and CAN dictate who they send to your parents house.
She already asked them and they already said they will not accommodate that request.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:53 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
Some people need to be drama queens, as a way of taking one issue out- of- focus, and replace it with one that will be more acceptable, by society, and this is one of those issues.

She is using the Black situation as a way to deflect of the fact that she does not want any longer to be responsible, in any way, for her 87 year-old-mother, and her 92 year-old-father, who gave her life...... and wants to wash her hands off on the way to the bank.....

I bet you, than once they are no longer alive, she will be running to the bank, to see how much money they left her......Let's call a spade a SPADE.......she knows what she is doing, and in these racists time that, unfortunately we find ourselves in, it is safer to be in the opposite side.....to get sympathy and camouflage her true feelings toward her parents......read her thread from the very beginning, SO you can get an idea of her feelings......how she call her parents "cantankerous, old people." She shows no respect whatsoever for her parents.....

If she really LOVES her parents, she will find someone that can take care of them, and pay them......since they have very-little-time left.......but obviously, she wants them dead......the sooner...the better.....
Oh Lordy you are back. Your posts illustrate your need to dramatize and create scenarios that don't exist. You should try writing a book to divert your energy into something positive.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:50 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
Quote:
If she really LOVES her parents, she will find someone that can take care of them, and pay them......since they have very-little-time left.......but obviously, she wants them dead......the sooner...the better.....
She DID find someone to take care of them. It's not like they're allergic to melanin and if the agency sends a black caregiver it's going to send them into anaphylactic shock. They're elderly, not stupid - they can adjust to the times just like everyone else.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:32 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Some people need to be drama queens, as a way of taking one issue out- of- focus, and replace it with one that will be more acceptable, by society, and this is one of those issues.

She is using the Black situation as a way to deflect of the fact that she does not want any longer to be responsible, in any way, for her 87 year-old-mother, and her 92 year-old-father, who gave her life...... and wants to wash her hands off on the way to the bank.....

I bet you, than once they are no longer alive, she will be running to the bank, to see how much money they left her......Let's call a spade a SPADE.......she knows what she is doing, and in these racists time that, unfortunately we find ourselves in, it is safer to be in the opposite side.....to get sympathy and camouflage her true feelings toward her parents......read her thread from the very beginning, SO you can get an idea of her feelings......how she call her parents "cantankerous, old people." She shows no respect whatsoever for her parents.....

Wow, what a bulls**t post. Who are you to judge how much she has already done for her parents and how much she is able to do?? OP works full time, she has her own future to worry about as well. OP has done as much for her parents as she is able to do. Wow.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:48 AM

34 posts, read 26,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
How does a non-white person affect your "comfort level and well being?" That is an honest question -- not a snark.
What happens if you can't find a white person to take care of you? Ya'll will just sit in your own feces and starve?
I'm talking about life in general regarding our comfort level and well-being. I'm tired of people who want to dictate that "you must like and tolerate all cultures, religions and lifestyles." Treat everybody fairly? Yes. Give everybody equal opportunity? Yes.

Personally, I wouldn't care about the race of my caregiver, I'd just expect them to be capable.

Last edited by S688; 12-20-2018 at 04:58 AM..

Old 12-20-2018, 05:18 AM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times
I've walked into a client's house and been told, Oh thank God you are not fat!! I kid you not. Clients will call my agency and say do not ever send that person back to my house, they abide by their wishes, weather it's their weight, race, clothing, hygiene, whatever, the agency abides by their wishes. They tell the worker, "it's not a good fit", when in reality it could be any of the above.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:40 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
How does a non-white person affect your "comfort level and well being?" That is an honest question -- not a snark.
What happens if you can't find a white person to take care of you? Ya'll will just sit in your own feces and starve?
If you are committed to your racism then that’s what you should do.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:00 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,467,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
If you are committed to your racism then that’s what you should do.

Please don't quote me as if I was party to that. I was responding to the other poster who said he didn't want black people caring for him/her.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:00 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I've walked into a client's house and been told, Oh thank God you are not fat!! I kid you not. Clients will call my agency and say do not ever send that person back to my house, they abide by their wishes, weather it's their weight, race, clothing, hygiene, whatever, the agency abides by their wishes. They tell the worker, "it's not a good fit", when in reality it could be any of the above.
Ha. That sounds like something my dad would say. He is fixated on the obese, and harps on my mom constantly. One of the weekday caregivers is quite overweight (and a lovely sweet woman!) and when she met my dad the first time, he was being his usual ornery self...she said "trust me you will like me". He looked straight at her and said "I doubt it". My mom was mortified. It's just the way he is. (The caregiver just ignored him thankfully. )

Old 12-20-2018, 07:25 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Please don't quote me as if I was party to that. I was responding to the other poster who said he didn't want black people caring for him/her.
I know what you were responding to, but I quoted you because I was responding to YOUR statement in response to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving