Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 01:09 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times

Advertisements

Any updates, goldenlove???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 03:44 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,818,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Any updates, goldenlove???
Thank you for asking! I didn't want to bore people with updates. Ha ha

Son pretty much disappeared for a week, I had to take my dad back to our old town 4 hours away for him to sign papers selling his business. We left on Sunday, returned on Tuesday, no missed calls from son on his phone. This morning son finally called him to tell him how wonderful his daughter did in some school related thing that will cost more money for her to advance in this field (hint, hint, he wants money from my dad).

On our drive down our steep mountain road that was covered in snow and very slick, my dad mentioned that was one of the main reasons we were moving.

While we were in our old town, we went and made yet another visit to the independent living facility. This time we weren't in a hurry to get somewhere afterwards, so we spent almost an hour touring it again, learning more about the programs they offer, I knew what questions to ask and we saw his apartment again. When we arrived, my dad asked me how long he had to stay there and I assured him it was a month to month place. When we left, he said he felt much better about the whole place and the vibe he got when we were there (the young ladies at the front gushed over him and told him how excited they were that he was bringing his dog, that made him very happy).

At this point, he is going along with the move and doesn't seem unhappy about it at all. Some of his former employees told him they couldn't wait for him to move back so they could pick him up and take him to lunch. While we were there we had an incredible meal at a restaurant just a couple of miles from the facility, he told everyone he saw how much he enjoyed it. We also ate at his favorite sushi restaurant and for the first time in a long time he actually ordered sushi and raved about how good it was.

Now, my husband and I have to pack his stuff and a good amount of our stuff (the sellers of our house agreed to all repairs we asked for and the closing is a day after we move my dad in) to be ready for the movers on Tuesday. He's a lifelong procrastinator and with his dementia, he forgets what he was supposed to do after he puts it off. We'll spend a good part of Sunday working on his packing and I'll squeeze more packing in at our house tomorrow and Saturday between trips we have to make.

I will be soooo happy when this move is over with!

Old 01-24-2019, 04:45 PM

523 posts, read 1,680,245 times
Goldenlove, thanks for taking the time to post an update. It sounds like execution of your plans is coming together nicely. How wonderful you were able to spend time at Dad's new place. While you've certainly got a lot to do in a short amount of time, your post has a sense of calmness (at least to me is does). Congratulations to you for being able to accomplish and get through so much! No doubt, you will push though these up-coming move-related tasks.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:34 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I agree totally about the sense of calm in the post. YAY! So glad for the update - thank you! Sounds like things are moving along pretty smoothly, even though it is a LOT to take care of. YOU GOT DIS!

Old 01-28-2019, 05:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Thanks for the update, golden. See?? Everyone is very glad to hear. Sounds like everything is going along swimmingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving