Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2019, 09:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Oh my gosh, I am sorry I rattled on and on - I thought I was on the thread about my mom. Anyway, oh well.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
Hey, everyone please understand that Jencam has very limited info on what her adult brother has in the form of assets. He had hidden his finances from her and changed his story often.
That doesn't matter as far as her duties as the executor go. He's under no obligation to disclose his finances to her. I don't think I would in his place, given how manipulative and intrusive she seems. Her job as the executor involves her mother's estate and nothing else. And changing stories seems to run in the family.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 03-11-2019 at 01:21 PM..

Old 03-11-2019, 01:14 PM

130,187 posts, read 12,093,129 times
I don't understand why Dad is still the lawyer on the case. It would seem better to have an impartial probate lawyer. I also think Jen will have to tell the bro his options, & not let him tell her what he thinks they should be.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:22 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh my gosh, I am sorry I rattled on and on - I thought I was on the thread about my mom. Anyway, oh well.
It's np. I didn't say the steps are onerous or anything, I said there are some answering people that say I could sell today. That is all. And my instructions state that the attorney must do ABC and XYZ answering someone asking me why am I not doing everything.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Well I’m glad your brother is “financially secure.”
Is he though? I am not being sarcastic to you. It's the situation. I don't remember how it was brought up but he says he is so broke he is using the food bank. due to two people living there. Apparently he buys their groceries but he uses a food bank? That makes no sense. He said that he owes the woman staying there out of the proceeds. That does make sense. Whether he has money or not, that they do want more than just the exchange they swear to APS is happening. It's sad. I can't even be mad at the lying and all the rest today. I am just sad. I said he is conning you. I said you can own property. You don't have to put anything in Bob's name. At least I can say I never stopped trying. I mean I am not trying to control or force anything, but at least reminding him of his options. That is exactly the opposite of what to do to protect Medicaid eligibility in the future.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
Thank you! She doesn't believe me or the links I posted, maybe she will believe you that she can sell the house now.
Maybe you will believe KA's post about the steps that have to be done before that.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Jencam

Can your brother qualify for a mortgage on the house of 100,000 which is his half of the maximum value of the house?

That payment if I am correct is about $500/mo.

You have previously said he cant qualify for a loan, but qualifying if you have a house as collateral is different.

If he could qualify for any amount say between 75-100K that would be enough for you to walk away from this whole mess, then that is something worth exploring imo. Lawyers should be able to figure out how to make it work.

Yes he may then squander his inheritance, but its not your problem.
Hi Blondy. He doesn't want to do that anymore. They want a larger place. He doesn't even want to stay there under a life estate where he wouldn't have to pay me anything. (But maintain the place). I have no idea how his half is supposed to turn into a larger place. It doesn't make any sense. He is more detailed with the Aunt that was a realtor and every house they talk about she says no, no, that makes no sense. That is totally stupid. You are right it's not my business I am just answering your question here.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:51 PM

130,187 posts, read 12,093,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Is he though? I am not being sarcastic to you. It's the situation. I don't remember how it was brought up but he says he is so broke he is using the food bank. due to two people living there. Apparently he buys their groceries but he uses a food bank? That makes no sense. He said that he owes the woman staying there out of the proceeds. That does make sense. Whether he has money or not, that they do want more than just the exchange they swear to APS is happening. It's sad. I can't even be mad at the lying and all the rest today. I am just sad. I said he is conning you. I said you can own property. You don't have to put anything in Bob's name. At least I can say I never stopped trying. I mean I am not trying to control or force anything, but at least reminding him of his options. That is exactly the opposite of what to do to protect Medicaid eligibility in the future.
It makes a lot of sense. food banks hand out certain items, say a bag of pasta & a box of cereal, but you still might have to go to the store buy meat & sauce for pasta or milk for the cereal. They only provide certain items, not a complete grocery list for meals ( except maybe at Holiday times )

Old 03-11-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
It makes a lot of sense. food banks hand out certain items, say a bag of pasta & a box of cereal, but you still might have to go to the store buy meat & sauce for pasta or milk for the cereal. They only provide certain items, not a complete grocery list for meals ( except maybe at Holiday times )
I see what you mean. This is why I love helpful feedback!

Old 03-11-2019, 02:58 PM

3,252 posts, read 2,336,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
You MUST STOP trying. He's made it clear he doesn't want you involved. It doesn't matter if he's worth $5 million or 50 cents, it doesn't matter if he's eating filet mignon or at a soup kitchen. it's none of your business. GET OUT of his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving