U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
Old 02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Location: Denver CO
9 posts, read 86,922 times
Reputation: 32


Its basically through a Home Health Agency you say you live in Florida I dont know if Florida has but I think I read in an article that it does have some kind of program or whatever you can call it cuz I would love to live in Florida after so many years here in Colorado fighting with the cold weather n snow.....but what you can do is just call around to Home Health Care agency's in your area and just ask them if you could get paid to care for your Husband?.....if they cant help you they can sure direct you to who can....thats how I did it after they told me of the possibility of getting paid to care for my son....I called and they told me they could....all I had to do was get my CNA license....cuz basically you're the family members CNA yourself since you basically do everything a CNA would do to care for him....especially if he's a Quad....that is alot of work and the co. I work for see it that way a JOB, besides it being a responsibility.....I wish more states would do it....Its only to there benefit also....HOpefully this helps and I wish you the Best of Luck!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Location: Deep in the heart of TX
65 posts, read 68,418 times
Reputation: 32
Default texas

hi, i live in montgomery county tx and my son is 7 and special needs. i recently met someone with a disabled adult child at home who informed me of my county's mhmr in-home & fam support services. they will pay you to care for your fam member so that they can stay safely at home. maybe your county or state has similar program. here's the link to mine...

Mental Retardation Services (http://www.tcmhmrs.org/Default.aspx?tabid=79 - broken link)

maybe you can search for local programming under similar names or through similar service providers...good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 11:18 AM
449 posts, read 1,351,679 times
Reputation: 190
I found a site that might be helpful to someone else - on the right side of the list toward the bottom you can look up Home and Community based services by state and waiver programs. Some good info on other state programs are also listed. It's a starting point though I'd suggest you check carefully, I've found there's been service cuts due to the economy right now.


desangel - sorry I haven't been around lately, thank you for the link and info you shared. It's appreciated.

Last edited by midwestmom; 04-07-2009 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: added details
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Location: Somewhere in Cass County MI
13,092 posts, read 2,179,820 times
Reputation: 11664
I know Michigan is probably way to far up....but, in Michigan the state will pay for child care in the home or out of the home as long as it is a relative or a licensed care provider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 12:57 PM
5 posts, read 26,609 times
Reputation: 16
I have two disabled girls, I would love to know what program you in colorado has that allows you to care for your child and get paid. it is worth a move. thanks. feel free to email me privately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Location: southern california
53,432 posts, read 68,324,606 times
Reputation: 45012
yes i do its called IHSS but it is a bout to take a nose dive. the entire concept of paying family members to take care of each other in the home is finally being questioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Location: South Carolina
8 posts, read 26,705 times
Reputation: 14
South Carolina- is starting a new program June 1,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2009, 01:42 AM
332 posts, read 1,235,451 times
Reputation: 357
North Carolina has services where the family member can be paid to offer care for their relative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Status: "My doggies wear diapers!" (set 3 days ago)
Location: Prescott AZ
5,109 posts, read 7,402,675 times
Reputation: 9190
Arizona has a program also where a family member can be paid to care for a disabled person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2009, 01:11 PM
1 posts, read 17,371 times
Reputation: 13
how do we get paid for taking care of adult special neede grandchild who lives with us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top