Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:30 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,017,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
This I know nothing about. But my cat only gets premium cat food. He had 10 years of living outside scrounging for whatever he could find to eat, and now he lacks for nothing.
I had a diabetic cat who would not touch the "premium" cat food and I tried just about every one out there on the market. Here's a list of the approved flavors of FF that contain no wheat gluten and are below 10% in carbs.

Tender Beef Feast
Tender Beef and Liver Feast
Tender Beef and Chicken Feast
Gourmet Chicken Feast
Turkey and Giblets Feast
Tender Liver and Chicken Feast
Chopped Grill Feast
Flaked Fish and Shrimp Feast
Savory Salmon Feast
Flaked Oceanfish Feast
Tuna and Oceanfish Feast in Aspic

I have 6 kitties and one refuses to touch can food. If I put a dish of it in front of him, he sniffs it and then gags. So my little holdout gets Wellness Core dry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 01:53 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,553,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I have 6 kitties and one refuses to touch can food. If I put a dish of it in front of him, he sniffs it and then gags. So my little holdout gets Wellness Core dry.
I get this image so vividly...LOL...that's how I probably look when a plate of seafood passes my eyes and nostrils...GAG!

Old 06-11-2010, 02:17 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,667,152 times
The two things that Five the cuddly carnivore is most likely to go crazy over are the water from a tuna can and hummus. I seriously have to give him a dollop of hummus every time I open the container or he will not stop getting in my face about it, no matter how many times I tell him that cats simply aren't supposed to like chickpeas.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM

41,728 posts, read 74,675,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
I seriously have to give him a dollop of hummus every time I open the container or he will not stop getting in my face about it, no matter how many times I tell him that cats simply aren't supposed to like chickpeas.
That is so cute ... Cats just don't listen well, do they? LOL

Old 06-11-2010, 02:49 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,667,152 times
They listen well, and then decide they're going to ignore what they've heard if they come to the conclusion that they just don't like it.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:08 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,553,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
The two things that Five the cuddly carnivore is most likely to go crazy over are the water from a tuna can and hummus. I seriously have to give him a dollop of hummus every time I open the container or he will not stop getting in my face about it, no matter how many times I tell him that cats simply aren't supposed to like chickpeas.
LOL!!! This thread just gets better and better!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 06:31 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,629,777 times
To OP. To answer your question. Yes, I do feed my furkids Newmans Own, the Turkey with Vegetable flavor. I tried feeding only the Turkey, but I have one kid by the name of Tigger who absolutely refuses to eat just the Turkey, AND he refuses to eat my homemade raw chicken food. So, I know veges are not what cats eat, but what is a cat-mom to do? I also feed my guys Blue Buffalo Salmon, which by the way, Tigger will eat. I've seen excellent results with Newman's Own and like someone else here mentioned, the ingredients are wonderful. The favs in this house are Newman's Own and Wellness, but most of all my raw diet.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:42 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,890,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelizePlease View Post
Yikes. You couldn't pay me to even touch hearts, gizzards and livers. LOL I stick to boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
I use a lot of soap and hot water to wash my hands afterward.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:38 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,843,421 times
ok let me get this straight: If I'm making a chicken for dinner and I reach inside and grab the packet of organs from the chicken, I can just put them in a dish for my cat? Can I do that or do I have to do something else to the gizzards?

Old 06-14-2010, 12:18 PM

333 posts, read 1,059,322 times
How do these ingredients look....?

Fish Broth, Tuna, Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Salmon, Beef Liver, Cod, Ground Rice, Dried Egg Product, Guar Gum, Tricalcium Phosphate, DL-Methionine, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Carrageenan, Taurine, Sodium Ascorbate (Source of Vitamin C), Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Sulfate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Sodium Selenite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats