Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times

Advertisements

i get mine in the chicken section of the meat case at the grocery store..... usually about a pound +/- package of gizzards and hearts..... mostly gizzards....

just a little update..... she came home from the terrible vet's office around 3 yesterday and poor little thing was still pretty woozy.... dave was a good boy and didn't bother her..... she laid around, leaned on the wall, napped, walked out on the deck for a bit, napped some more.... ate a little supper, drank a little water, napped some more.....

her face isn't swollen and she seems to be eating her canned food just fine...... just a little at a time..... she goes back saturday morning for 1 more penicillin shot......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 05:49 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
You need a water additive that contains enzymes, because enzymes are what break down bacteria.

I recommend you use c.e.t. products. They are safe and effective. C.e.t. has a water addititve, or treats, or paste.

I use the poultry flavor paste on my three cats' teeth every night. I don't brush, I just rub the paste onto their teeth an gums with my finger.

It took training for them to accept this, and I will be happy to share my training method with you if you are interested.

Don't blame yourself about your kitty's teeth. As was said dental health is largely genetic. Cats are the masters at hiding pain and illness and even the most attentive cat owner can be caught by surprise..

Old 07-08-2010, 05:50 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Gentle hugs and scritches to CCK....glad to hear she is on the mend.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,326,213 times
Good to hear kitty came home! Poor Jensen was stuck over night at the office and didn't get to come home until they made sure he ate. Funny thing is Jensen always is hungry and he still eats like a champion. Jensen all he wanted to do when he came home was nap, nap, and more nap.

By next week kitty will be as my vet said, "a whole new cat." I had to laugh and say, "no man, more like back to normal."

Old 07-08-2010, 04:36 PM

she is my silent kitty .... max talks enough for BOTH of them and then some.... but man oh man .... she sure can fuss when she is in the crate.....

and as woozy as she was when my house mate got her home, he said she flew out of there like she had been shot out of a cannon......

Old 07-08-2010, 04:49 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,326,213 times
Sounds like Jensen. He will fuss and fuss in a crate. He howls to get out of the crate and starts shaking when I set it down on the porch to open the door to the house. So we go inside, let him out, and then he heads over front door and wants to go outside for a roll on the porch.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:36 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,991,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Sorry to jumpin but where best do you buy the gizzards from? I want to try them but not sure if buy online or in a local pet shop? thanks.
I buy them at Wal*Mart's meat dept. I bought chicken feet for my cats but they wont touch them cooked or raw. They will eat sliced raw hearts and gizzards. They'll also eat raw ground chicken, beef pork and turkey if mixed in their canned food.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:13 PM

1,684 posts, read 3,954,922 times
Default teeth

My Bubba has bad teeth, supposedly one of the Maine Coon problems along with the Cardio-myopathy. He's lost a fang and 5 others and gets along just fine, except his lips get curled up on one side so he looks like he's sneering. It only happens once in awhile but it cracks me up.....Annabelle on the other hand, has beautiful clean teeth and turns into the tazmanian devil if I touch her mouth. She's never had her teeth cleaned, and since Bubba's getting up there in age he probably won't unless there a serious problem. I really hate the thought of having them under anesthesia....

Old 07-09-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
I buy them at Wal*Mart's meat dept. I bought chicken feet for my cats but they wont touch them cooked or raw. They will eat sliced raw hearts and gizzards. They'll also eat raw ground chicken, beef pork and turkey if mixed in their canned food.

where did you find the chicken feet??

i can always find the gizzards and hearts in the chicken section of the meat case of whatever grocery store i happen to find myself in .....

saw some pigs feet yesterday, but don't think i want to try those.....

i think my bigger problem is going to be getting charlie to actually eat the gizzards, wings and feet .... she just has never cared at all for people food.... max, on the other hand.... **sigh**

Old 07-11-2010, 09:59 AM

one more trip to the terrible vet yesterday for a booster penicillin shot... she is healing nicely.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats