Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:37 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,747,236 times

Advertisements

I was at school all day. When I got home my cat would not shut up until I let him in my lap. Then he started purring.

Our little female cat has been trying to get my attention, too.

You wouldn't think a cat would miss you, but sometimes they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 07:47 PM

15,109 posts, read 32,119,385 times
Yes, they do! Mine lets me hear about it when I get home from work. He has to be pacified with treats and attention before he leaves me alone. My neighbors say that he howls when I'm gone, and it's a good thing that they have cats, too.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:39 PM

13,254 posts, read 22,650,364 times
We've in the middle of remodeling right now, and the cats have been spending their days in the laundry room so they don't get caught up in the fuss of the house being torn up, and they are so glad to see me when I duck in there to visit.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM

4,881 posts, read 13,742,426 times
Call me cynical, but Weasie usually runs to greet me only when there's a chance I might give her a treat! In her younger days I did get unabashedly run up to as soon as I opened the front door upon arriving home from work. Now whenever I come back after being away for a while, there are times when she might not show her face for ten minutes or more. Then I get the "Oh, I thought I heard the door" type of reaction. LOL

Old 08-18-2010, 07:20 AM

13,254 posts, read 22,650,364 times
Whenever I get home from work, Five is almost always at the door to greet me. Then I go into the bathroom and he follows me in so we can have a nice petting session while I, um, take care of bladder business. It's his little ritual.

Meanwhile, Zed, if he sees me, just kind of blinks at my like 'eh, you're back. Didn't notice you were gone.'

Old 08-18-2010, 07:33 AM

41,699 posts, read 74,634,436 times
Within about 10 minutes of my getting home, Checkers will rouse himself from whatever hidey hole he's been napping in all afternoon. And within about 10 minutes of my seeing his cute little face, I'm suckered into giving him a treat. Who's more co-dependent here? LOL

The spouse is home during the day, but Checkers wants his mommy.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:56 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,898,633 times
Ever hear a Siamese cry? Well, we have a Shorthaired Oriental which sounds the same. We got him on a weekend and when Monday rolled around and we went to work we came home greeted by our neighbors who said they were discussing calling the police because they thought we'd left for the day with a baby in the house alone.

Also, when we are on the phone he starts in because he's not sure who we're talking to, and maybe thinks it's him and he feels obligated to answer. The person on the other end also thinks it's a baby.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:50 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,075,985 times
Siamese do have a very human-like sound on occasion. They are terrific cats.

My cat meets me at the door, asking where I have been and wanting to be petted, if I've been gone for more than a little while. Anyone who thinks cats aren't affectionate is dead wrong.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:03 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,300,546 times
When I return to the shop from being gone on the weekends Mali is just all over me. She gets up on a desk and wails at me for at least half an hour.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:04 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,336,957 times
Allll my kitties sit on the staircase and wail at me when I come through the door if I don't drop my bag and squat to pet each one individually, lol.

Lil moo watches from the window downstairs. Cinders watches from the cat-condo upstairs by the window, and Twix and Delilah come romping out from underneath their hiding places to see whether it's dinner time or not, no matter what time it is, everytime I get home - lol

If I get home and jump on the computer first thing, I better be prepared when I sit down - moo launches into my lap whether I have room for her or not, and isn't satisfied until she's turned in a circle, kneeded my thigh, and layed down with her paw resting on my hand at the keyboard. She'll stay that way until she's fairly certain i'm going to be around for a bit - then hop back onto the kitty-condo as well and take a nap (still keeping an eye on me though!)

I love my kitties. I miss them all day, and I can tell they miss me too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats