Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:07 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times

Advertisements

If cold is a concern, maybe Tiny would like one of those improvised heating pads where you microwave an old sock filled with rice for something like a minute and then give the rice a good shake to make sure the hot grains are evenly distributed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 07:19 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Tiny's bathtime was actually a breeze. Once he realized I wasn't letting go and that I was in control, he stopped fighting and just let me do what had to be done. I held him firmly, squirted a bit of dawn in my hand, started rubbing it in, even stretched him out and washed his belly and butt, head and tail, then I started rinsing - poor baby was so dirty the water was the same dark gray that he is. My husband came in to help me rinse him since I had to let that water out and run water to rinse him off. I used a baby-wipe to wipe the dawn off his head and to clean his face. Poor little guy was shaking/shivering. I used a smaller handtowel to wrap him in right away, then switched to another when that one got damp, then finally a big huge soft bathtowel to try to warm him up. He wasn't warming so I took him out into the sun and after a while his shaking turned to purring. I brought him inside and he just wanted to sleep. I guess it's just been a whole lot of emotional trauma for him.

So tonight I went down to get him and he just wanted to snuggle - after about a half hour, he started looking around and wandered across our keyboards checking out the pictures on the screen then finally just plopped himself on my keyboard and looked quite at home.

I'd upload a pic to here, but I can't figure out how.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:38 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,617 times
Job well done! So Tiny proved me wrong.....LOL Good for him! Cats will do the darnedest things! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats