Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 06:43 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,829,829 times

Advertisements

One of my cats likes to sit with me when I have a bath. She lays full length on the edge of the tub, and swishes her tail through the water, then jumps down and chases her tail. It's hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 06:55 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
So now, instead of trying the moving water (which I am sure she would really like, if only she would give it one lick even) she stares at the fountain, watching the moving water, then goes over to her usual water bowl and bats at the water to make it move, before she drinks.
That is exactly what our since departed renal failure cat did. Two different fountains, even, and she insisted upon splashing her water in the regular bowl before drinking it. Wouldn't touch the fountains. Tried so many things to get her to not have to splash the water everywhere. Had to give up and settle for containing the water instead. Still made plenty of a mess.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:56 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
That is exactly what our since departed renal failure cat did. Two different fountains, even, and she insisted upon splashing her water in the regular bowl before drinking it. Wouldn't touch the fountains. Tried so many things to get her to not have to splash the water everywhere. Had to give up and settle for containing the water instead. Still made plenty of a mess.
They're so funny, aren't they?

I had another kitty who was always a real Splasher, you could hear her from the next room splashing away, but she was washing her paws and/or playing. She preferred to drink from the bathroom faucet, and right up until her last day before she left us for the Bridge, I continued to lift her up there whenever she wanted. She splashed her paws in the faucet stream too.

I didn't mind the mess, and this kitty doens't really make any mess, she just wants the water to move like it does in the fountain.

I just think if she would try it she would really like it and drink more. I was hoping the kitten would use the fountain and teach her and at first that looked like it might happen, the kitten loved drinking from the fountain and the older cat would watch closely. But now the kitten is on a wet food diet so no longer drinks at all.

I won't give up though, I keep it running, you never know!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,575,016 times
Hummmm.. Giz for some reason likes to dump the water over! One something like this only it is square..
Petmate Le Bistro Pet Feeder - Dog - Free Ship - PetSmart

She will take her paw and pull and pull on the top of it, knowing it will dump all over the place. I have YET to figure out what ever got her to doing that and I had to build a "Giz Proofer" for the waterer, a cover to cover it where she couldn't topple it over.. She STILL trys to get her paw in the "Giz Proofer" and dump it..

My daughters cat takes her paw and goes up in her waterer where it comes out into the bowl and she splashed water everywhere.. Took my daughter forever to figure out where all that water was coming from........ I'm a lot smarter, soon as I saw the waterer here dumped.. I KNEW it was Giz! How did I know? IF it can be done, Giz will do it!! She has always been such a hoot!

Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times
One of my cats has a shoe fetish. He loves sleeping on top of shoes, especially in a basket full of shoes I keep in the mud room.

My other cat loves Q-Tips. He doesn't eat any part of it, but he loves pulling the cotton off and then he just leaves it for me to clean up. (I ended up buying a lidded trash can for the bathroom because he was playing with used Q-Tips. Ewwww. Now he just finds new ones laying around when my kids leave them out on the counter...) Such characters!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats