Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2010, 03:10 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Well...you just bumped it. Why does it bother you so much?

I think you are on the right track, BlackShoe. I cherish cats because of their independent personalities, although my cat is incredibly spoiled. In my experience, most (not all) dogs are either too friendly or not friendly enough.

I didn't "Bump" it, some new moron posted to it with nothing new to say and it was already on the top of the list. It just invites anti cat BS.

I'm gonna post a "Why do some people hate CL723" thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 09:38 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
I doubt that the mods will allow that.

I think it's interesting to find out 'why some people hate cats'. Just to see what they have to say. Ignoring them won't make them nonexistent.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:19 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,981,489 times
Give it a rest, wilson..

Old 09-14-2010, 11:19 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,221,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
I didn't "Bump" it, some moron posted to it with nothing new to say and it was already on the top of the list.
Y-e-s, you rang? You must be referring to yours truly, since mine was the first post in three days. Sorry, but you have been swimming uphill. A thread that gets over a hundred responses is hardly irrelevant, quite the contrary, it indicates great interest. This is not the forum in which to be tossing barbs at other posters. If you desire some confrontation, suggest going over to the Great Debate or Political forums. Things can get pretty rough over there, so be forewarned.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:54 PM

232 posts, read 676,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
OMG How evil am I because the story made me laugh. If you wrote a true story, then I'm sorry. Also, my neighbor is a vet and she said that cat bites can be dangerous because of a bacteria(?) they have in their mouths, so I guess you're lucky to be alive.
Oh, it's a very true story. I have pictures to prove it (post ER visit). But no worries about laughing. I get a chuckle out of it now too!

Old 09-14-2010, 04:05 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times
This thread is the home for anti-cat people. Why do some people hate (blacks, Jews, Muslims)?. Its all the same. A hundred posts by anti-cat people and the defenders of the cats, like me. Can you get away with it? Sure, but you shouldn't want to if you were respectful of a forum for people who love cats.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:50 PM

476 posts, read 1,134,583 times
Quote:
This thread is the home for anti-cat people. Why do some people hate (blacks, Jews, Muslims)?. Its all the same.
I find that statement utterly ridiculous and impressively ignorant. Dislike of a particular animal warrants no comparison to racism or bigotry. I can't imagine why someone would try to equate race, religion or creed to.... a cat.

Quote:
A hundred posts by anti-cat people and the defenders of the cats, like me. Can you get away with it? Sure, but you shouldn't want to if you were respectful of a forum for people who love cats.
Also, I don't believe there's such a thing as "anti-cat" or "pro-cat". There hasn't been a March on Washington against cats, or talk show hosts railing about how cats need to go back where they came from.

I don't like rats. Rats are living beings. They are intelligent and can be trained to do tricks, solve puzzles. Since rats aren't "cute" and "popular", it's no big deal I don't like 'em. Doesn't make me "anti-rat" and it doesn't mean I'm trying to disrespect rat owners.

Not certain why anyone would take offense to a stranger's personal taste, either way.

Can't understand why the cat lovers are giving this thread so much attention. If I loved cats I'd ignore negative threads, baiting questions and move on to something positive.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:51 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,981,489 times
I personaly don`t believe this is a negative thread. Some people are just taking it wayy to seriously...

Old 09-15-2010, 12:58 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,986,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Not true. I cleaned it regularly and it always stunk. Not to mention, the cat urine smell made me want to throw up.
Then there must have been something wrong with your cat or it was an un-neutered male. You cleaned it regularly? How often was that? Once a week? Every 2 weeks. I saw litterpans in people's homes that looked and smelled like they hadn't be cleaned or scooped in weeks. I scoop (clumping litter) the litter pans twice a day, have 3 cats, and there is no cat smell in my house. None whatsoever.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:20 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
cl723: I don't see it as a negative thread either. It's a thread of inquiry. I think most people who don't like cats feel that way because of misinformation or simply not knowing how to care for them. Clearing those matters up can make it a positive thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats