Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 10:21 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times

Advertisements

Does your cat choose a new napping spot every couple of weeks? For a while, my cat would have a spot in the hall (where you'd have to step over her), then on a shelf in the basement, then on an old chair in the attic, etc. When we had a new bed delivered, guess who was the first to sleep on it? I couldn't get her off of it to make it. Even when not asleep, she goes to her spot of choice, puffs herself up, tucks her feet under her and just sits there with this drugged stuperous look on her face. But she never stays in one spot more than a couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 10:31 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
Weasie is 18 and set in her ways, having found seven preferred napping places and only using those. Part of this was through process of elimination after being stepped on in the dark, lol. But she's inconsistent in terms of which one she'll be on, inside, or underneath at any given time in order to keep me guessing. She has fun with this when it comes time for me to go out of town and not be aware whether she's outside.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:16 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Our cats rotate their sleeping spots. They don't sleep anywhere for any length of time. We're as apt to find them sleeping on one of the beds as we are to find them on a windowsill or in a closet.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:04 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,946,745 times
Charlie has a few choice spots that rotates between, depending on where the sun is or whether she's cold or whether the dog is being a nuisance. Occassionally she'll find a new hidey hole and abandon (temporarily) an old one, but she normally returns after a few months. Some of her spots are seasonal only... she spent most of the winter in her fleecey hut, but hasn't been in it at all this summer. And she gets downright irate if you disturb her or eliminate one of *her* spots... there's a shelf in my pantry that I can't put anything on or else she'll knock it on the floor so she can sprawl out on *her* shelf.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:03 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
My cat also rotates; she presently has about five spots that she alternates between depending on the time of day. However, she has also begun to nap in relation to where I am as well but also depending on the time of day. During the day, it is under the chair in the hallway, on a dining room chair and, sometimes, on top of the dryer. As eveing approaches, she switches to the coffee table, my desk or, usually, my bed.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:18 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Jack rotates too. He starts in the sun room to catch the morning sun, retires to the exercise room futon to watch any activity that may transpire, then to the living room for afternoon sun. He ends the day on his blanket or my chest in front of the TV to be with us. He follows me around if I am in the house except that in the afternoon nap he can't be disturbed.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:55 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,326,588 times
My cats have their spots. And they pick and choose at will. Ami likes sleeping in the bathroom sink and that's HER spot only. Jensen and Hackney have their various hidey holes around the house. But they all can agree on the laundry pile, beds, certain jackets and a rug in the hallway. But their sleeping places are never the same twice in a row.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I got my new cat a brand new beautiful bed, which of course, he completely ignores. He sleeps on the bed, at the foot, on his own little blanket.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,944,713 times
The cats favorite sleeping spots seem to be the same, but what cat sleeps where does change. It is like they have a rotating schedule sometimes! They alternate their Love Buckets or sleeping on the beds, or on their favorite blankets. We have a couple throws with cats on them that are magnets. You put one of the blankets on a couch and a cat is there within two minutes! They even like to sleep in the dogs crates. Cats are odd creatures sometimes!

Old 10-04-2010, 07:31 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
I have three cats who sleep all around the house.

Annie is always near me. She sleeps wherever I am.

Stella likes to sleep in the hallway so she can keep an eye on any movement made by me.

Tammy likes to sleep on the back of the sofa or on the piano.

But when it is bedtime for me Annie and Stella are on the bed with me. Tammy heads for the top of the dryer. I keep a fluffy towel up there for her.

As my paternal grandmother would say, "They are such a comfort."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats