Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 08:26 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,191 times

Advertisements

I got this little doll when she was 2 to 3 weeks old and posted her first video when she was still small, if you missed it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGlfUuhySLY

She has GROWN!! Needless to say, I have spoiled her rotten and she is so loving and sweet. At the end of this one, you will see something that happens all day long, every single day. She is so clingy towards me that it is almost funny. It is like she has to constantly reassure herself that I am still here and I still love her or is that just the kitten in her?

She has grown into that long and lanky stage now, she is ALL legs. Although she looks skinny as all get out, she has all the food she wants (I free feed mine) but she is so active that she hardly ever stops or slows down.. I can not tell you what a pure joy she has been. She has been a life saver for me and I owe her big time.. She has been a wonderful distraction during a time when my life has been turned upside down. Rather than sitting here crying, I am being showered with love and laughing at her all day.. What a BLESSING!!!

Here is Caramella growing up, on her way to being a big girl. She is about 4 months old now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfNRXjIZPfo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 08:50 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Cute! I liked how you put her in a kennel when she was small, that is a great idea. I don't know how you can give her up...

Old 11-13-2010, 08:59 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post

She has grown into that long and lanky stage now, she is ALL legs. Although she looks skinny as all get out, she has all the food she wants (I free feed mine)
Beautiful kitty. Free feeding kibble is no longer recommended among cat keepers and many veterinarians. Have you seen the latest issue of Cat Fancy? In all too many cases it leads to obesity and diabetes.... and ultimately to things like kidney failure. I know I sound like I'm preaching but a decent canned food would be better than a dry kibble.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Cute! I liked how you put her in a kennel when she was small, that is a great idea. I don't know how you can give her up...
She's giving her up? They'd have to pry that Kittie from my cold dead hands.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:01 AM

Good! I thought you were just fostering her for another family. That cat looks like she landed in an excellent home. Will you adopt me next?

Old 11-13-2010, 10:49 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
I don't think Laura has said that she's keeping her....but what a gorgeous little calico. 'Course y'all know I'm partial to these creatures!

Old 11-13-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
I don't think Laura has said that she's keeping her....but what a gorgeous little calico. 'Course y'all know I'm partial to these creatures!
Calicoes and red-orange cats are my favorites. Somehow I ended up with a mud brown tabby, a silver and white tabby and a blue eyed flame point mix.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:50 PM

They pick you...it is fate. I have never picked a cat, they always just come into my life, needing a home. Same with dogs...I have always been partial to cats with blue eyes, and thought I would not want one that did not have blue eyes, because every cat I had was a blue eyed cat. Now, I have a green eyed cat..and he is just fine.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:01 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times
Do you run, or are you working with a rescue, that can get her up on Petfinder and things for you? If not, let me know. I can always post her on mine and have some other rescue friends get her on theirs.

You did a great job. The ones my chihuahua nursed are now about 5 months old and just came back from their foster homes so we can put them up for adoption. It's a fun age with them!

Old 11-13-2010, 02:03 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,191 times
Quote:
Beautiful kitty. Free feeding kibble is no longer recommended among cat keepers and many veterinarians. Have you seen the latest issue of Cat Fancy? In all too many cases it leads to obesity and diabetes.... and ultimately to things like kidney failure. I know I sound like I'm preaching but a decent canned food would be better than a dry kibble.
Due to how I work (when I am working) they are here for 28 days alone with someone checking in on them about once a day so they have to be free fed or they don't get to eat. My vet recommended that I do this and leave them at home rather than continue with what I was doing.

I DO watch their weight because of my CH'er Amy and more weight on her would just make it to hard for her to get around.. That is difficult enough during her bad times..

Yes, Caramella is up for adoption but you can imagine how selective I will be. She will have to go to somebody that has the time to spend with her, that can understand she has been raised getting a lot of attention, that she WILL get right up in your face and kiss you and fully expects you to kiss her, she expects to sleep on your pillow at night and expects you to play with her..

She will not go to a home that does not understand all that, one where they just want a cat in the house but expect to ignore it. They will have to understand how much I love her and that I will require updates with pictures and they be glad to do that. I am HOPING I can find her a home with somebody I know or that knows a member of my family when I can hear about her and maybe see her now and then. I REALLY don't want her going into the unknown...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats