Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 08:45 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,602,706 times

Advertisements

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to let them go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 02:13 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,536,306 times
I'm sorry about losing your baby, but I'm glad you didn't cry alone.

It's so very hard to lose a furry member of the family, especially when we have to make the choice. We've always try to stay strong for our babies, and when we've had to say goodbye, it is always the techs that shed the very first tear - and then the waterworks begin.

This must be one of the hardest jobs in the world. Somehome, having them cry let's us know that it's okay and that it really is goodbye. Knowing that we aren't the only ones that hurt can help ease the pain.

If only our human doctors could be so compassionate.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:12 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I'm sorry about losing your baby, but I'm glad you didn't cry alone.

It's so very hard to lose a furry member of the family, especially when we have to make the choice. We've always try to stay strong for our babies, and when we've had to say goodbye, it is always the techs that shed the very first tear - and then the waterworks begin.

This must be one of the hardest jobs in the world. Somehome, having them cry let's us know that it's okay and that it really is goodbye. Knowing that we aren't the only ones that hurt can help ease the pain.

If only our human doctors could be so compassionate.
I keep thinking "it's just a cat" but he was part of the family-he was by far the greatest cat-so relaxed and calm...here's a pic I want to share-he LOVED sleeping in the dog crate-don't ask me why....he would sleep in it all the time....

Yes I agree if only human doctors could be that way....
Attached Thumbnails
Thanks to all Vet. and Vet Techs-simba.jpg  

Old 12-06-2010, 06:17 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
My tigerMan got locked in the crate all day sometimes, b/c he was snoozing in there when I went out and I didn't see him behind the large dogs. Boy, would he tell me about it when I came home! He loved "his" dogs and they were kind to him, too.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:12 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,609,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I keep thinking "it's just a cat" but he was part of the family-he was by far the greatest cat-so relaxed and calm...here's a pic I want to share-he LOVED sleeping in the dog crate-don't ask me why....he would sleep in it all the time....

Yes I agree if only human doctors could be that way....
Thank you for sharing this. He was a beautiful looking baby. I hope you are doing ok.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:42 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,536,306 times
What beautiful markings and such a noble face - anything but "just a cat."
I'm glad he shared his life with someone who loved him so much.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:57 PM

50 posts, read 169,088 times
Sorry for your loss , I lost my last Boy the same way.
It has taken me 4 years to get another.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:04 PM

947 posts, read 3,408,317 times
Oh, I am so sorry for the loss of your fur boy.
I know it is so hard, we get so attached, they are so loving.
Please know that there is no way of him feeling any pain now, if that is any comfort, I know though, there is pain within you for missing him.
I am sure He is Thankful for all the Love and Care that you gave to him.
Take time for yourself during this "detour" road...

calmness within.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:56 PM

18,053 posts, read 15,645,534 times
Ditto, my condolences.

I had my beloved golden euthanized 5 months ago (she had cancer). Life is just not as fun without her. I know my cat misses her. I still cry in grief. It's just so, so hard to lose a furry family member.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats