Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:58 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,492,997 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I'm thinking of you...

Old 12-22-2010, 07:03 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola4 View Post
Just wanted to stop by and let you know I'm thinking of you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsMomma View Post
Still thinking about you ALL, GOE!! Prayers sent your way!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
You have done ALL you can & unfortunately, just as if we'd need a surgeon or ER doc to attend to us in certain emergencies/situations, then so does Molly at this time. I am vs Western meds, yet understand (thru my beliefs) that God has educated & provided our allopathic healers to us, & thus we should defer to His knowledge & sending of them to us. You are doing the RIGHT thing & this is commendable. Hang in there & let God heal Molly now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiejeanangelina View Post
Hi, I too, have a cat named Molly. (Another named Naomi) My Molly is 8 yrs. old now. How old is your Molly? I am sorry she had such problems before, but am happy to hear she is getting better! I sometimes (but try not to) think of the day my Molly will get sick and or...well, you know, die. Don't know how I will handle it, but I am enjoying her now! She's healthy and happy and goes to every single room I go to. She loves me. Hope your Molly stays healthy!
Thank you......ALL of you.......Thank you!!!!!

Movintime, I also believe that God has healers everywhere, including Western Medicine. Like all things in life, in order to find a jewel, sometimes you have to dig deep. I KNOW what goes on behind the scenes in medicine, and through my own nightmares of being subjected to oops mistakes, have in turn, made me determined to seek outside of mainstream medicine for ways of healing. And there are the means. They just have to be found and understood. That is one of the reasons why hubs and I are so devoted to finding those ways. God has given us animals that Western Medicine says are incurable.

Yes, we have seen miracles. But are these guys totally healed? We really don't that with absolute sureness. All we can go on are the everyday interactions of these felines, and how they seem to be acting.

The medications Molly are on, will keep her alive, yes. We have been researching for ways to help, to encourage Molly's body to heal her hypertropic heart muscles and her heart murmur. Allopathic medicine does not do this.

MOLLY>>>>>>>(TEARS) For the first time since Thanksgiving, Molly ate her entire breakfast all by herself! Thank you, God!!!! She is walking slowly this morning, BUT BUT, she ate! Oh, Alleluia!!! Happy Dance FACE!

I ask again for prayer today. I have a doctor's appointment this morning, and hubs is going with me. My stomach just turned over as I said those words, for Molly is so dependent on me being here. Yesterday I went swimming, and Molly had a tough day. Pray that she handles both of us being out of the house and she will sleep through it.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:33 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,003 times
Sending you positive vibes and healing thoughts... I am so glad Molly ate by herself. That is a big step! Wonderful news... I hope Molly sleeps right through your absence

forum rules, please read them

Old 12-22-2010, 12:15 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
Sending continued prayers for you, Molly, your Hubs & the rest of the pride...I hope all goes well at the Dr.'s today and that Molly sleeps peacefully while you're out.

I just have to say once again, you're doing an amazing job and you're truly an inspiration for so many of us...it takes a lot of guts to come on here and be so honest about all the ups and downs, and you're showing us how important the process itself is in healing, how we have to use every bit of our senses (especially intuition) to figure out the best course of action for each particular case. Thank you for sharing this process with all of us, I know it's going to help others immensely in the future!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Sending continued prayers for you, Molly, your Hubs & the rest of the pride...I hope all goes well at the Dr.'s today and that Molly sleeps peacefully while you're out.

I just have to say once again, you're doing an amazing job and you're truly an inspiration for so many of us...it takes a lot of guts to come on here and be so honest about all the ups and downs, and you're showing us how important the process itself is in healing, how we have to use every bit of our senses (especially intuition) to figure out the best course of action for each particular case. Thank you for sharing this process with all of us, I know it's going to help others immensely in the future!!!
Oh, Luv, darn it, gulp.....thank you. This is the reason why I am being so honest in this thread(s) about Molly, and what hubs and I are willing to do when one of our loved felines falls ill. We are pulling her through and by the Grace of God, and our brains, and my "intuition" we will be able to enable her own body to heal.

We have begun by addressing her thyroid with the "general tonic" remedy we gave Molly yesterday. Due to one of the blood tests results, that the vet said nothing about, we were able to determine that Molly has swelling in and around her throat area, where her thyroid is. We concluded that this is probably the main reason why Molly is not eating. We are stopping right there, and just allow Molly now to get stronger and healthier (and Mom and Dad rest!!!!) before we proceed any further with any other homeopathic remedies.

But, this morning she ate all by herself! For dinner, Molly asked me to feed her and so I did. She went through TWO helpings of my fresh raw that I made yesterday.......low fat, and with no salt, except for the salt that is in the blood and meat itself. WOW! TWO helpings! LOL The little piggy!! LOL

AND, yes! Molly was absolutely fine with me gone from the house today. What a relief!

I stopped at Family Video and rented 7 movies. Hubs and I need serious relaxation and we are going to get it! Molly along with most of her brothers and sisters were all gathered in the living room with us, watching Salt. What a wonderful life it is!!! Just imagine, if you would, 15 cats lounging on the floor, on the tables, on me, on hubs, on the back of the couches......LOL LOL LOL Oh tis a sight to see! LOL LOL LOL

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Old 12-23-2010, 07:12 AM

..............I forgot to add the most important factor why I am willing for all of you to see real in our lives. I pray that somehow our actions will effect you, and you will begin to see your cat(s) from a different perspective. I also pray that through my life, others will learn how to appreciate their very precious gifts called cats, and learn from our mistakes, and our victories, how to better care for their cats as well.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
..............I forgot to add the most important factor why I am willing for all of you to see real in our lives. I pray that somehow our actions will effect you, and you will begin to see your cat(s) from a different perspective. I also pray that through my life, others will learn how to appreciate their very precious gifts called cats, and learn from our mistakes, and our victories, how to better care for their cats as well.
You have definitely inspired and helped me a LOT since we've "met" here, Garden...I was already starting to learn about natural healing, but I have learned so much from you and I really appreciate you! One of the most important things you've taught me is to really try to communicate with and understand my cats better, to understand when they're trying to "tell" me something through their actions...like when my Harley wasn't eating very well recently, at first I became scared and thought "OMG, she's sick, I have to take her in ", but then I realized she was stressed because she saw me scurrying around so much with all the Christmas madness and knows this is when I usually go home to Boston for the holidays! I assured her that mommy is staying home this year, and like magic her appetite came back and all was well ! If I had taken her in, the whole episode literally could have made her sick because she gets so crazed and stressed out at the vet...it would have been horrible for both of us...!

Thank you, my friend...enjoy those movies and lounging with the pride !

Old 12-23-2010, 11:17 AM

......Still asking myself the hard questions......

Are we keeping Molly alive for our emotional needs?

Is Molly living a quality life right now?

Is she really getting stronger or is it my desperate need that I am projecting onto her is what I am seeing?

Will Molly get well enough and strong enough to recover from this?

If I allowed Molly to her own means, she wouldn't be eating, or hardly at all, so do I have the right to interfere with that?

Am I seeing correctly that Molly is really asking me for help to feed her, or again is this my projections?

How sick is Molly truly? And why is she taking this long to bounce back, if she will at all?

...........These and more I ask myself again and again. I again told Molly if she just gets too tired to do all this anymore, please please let me know clearly so that I can help her with her transition in the next phase of her Journey.........

Again, close to tears, with a big lump in my throat. I have some busy work to do, thank goodness, and then again more movies to watch. These endless searches within are so difficult........

Old 12-23-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
If I allowed Molly to her own means, she wouldn't be eating, or hardly at all, so do I have the right to interfere with that?

Am I seeing correctly that Molly is really asking me for help to feed her, or again is this my projections?
I don't think Molly would actually eat, even being hand-fed, if she truly didn't want to...when Humphrey was dying, the ONLY way I got food into him was to force-feed with a syringe, and he'd try to spit most of it out because he just didn't want to be here anymore...he was trying to tell me it was his time, but I didn't listen .

When my BF & I went on a little getaway earlier this year, one of his dogs went on a food strike and wouldn't eat on her own at all...this lasted for weeks...but if we spoon-fed her, she'd eat every single bite. I think Molly is trying to tell you she does want to eat, but she still wants mommy to dote on her until she has her strength back.

Hang in there...Molly will continue to have good days and not so good days after what she's been through...but she's young, and cats are so resilient, especially when they have a mommy like you...!

Old 12-23-2010, 11:51 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,492,997 times
Garden,
You are on an emotional roller coaster right now. You WILL know when or if you should "let go."

To keep the story short... Our Collie was named Mollie. Like you, we kept asking if we should stop doing this and that. (I don't want to post the details here because the non-furkid lovers will come haul me away!)

One day, we felt it was time. We still questioned ourselves, but there was a littttttle bit of peace in our hearts. We told Mollie it was okay to go AND the cats surrounded Mollie in a way that was different from the norm. Hard to explain, but hubby and I swear the cats were telling her good-bye as well.

My point is... I think you, of all people, WILL know.

PS I agree with Luvmycat... If your Molly was ready to go, she wouldn't eat at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats