U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 AM

479 posts, read 1,451,488 times

Advertisements

A couple of nights last week I had several strange dreams, but one really stuck out for a couple of reasons, mostly how our youngest cat reacted.

Ozzie is our youngest. During the summer he never sleeps with us, but now being winter he will lay down by my legs on most nights. He was doing that when I had this strange dream.

Long story short, I was in some kind of civil war battle, and this guy from the other side had a sword and was hitting me with it. I had fallen down, and he just kept hitting my left leg. As hard as I struggled, I couldn't get away. All of a sudden, I woke up. My left leg was up in the air, and Ozzie had his paw on my leg trying to pull my leg back down.

Not sure if he was trying to help, or wanted his warm pillow back.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 11:46 AM

7,201 posts, read 13,480,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyleroux View Post
He was trying to tell you that you were interrupting his sleep.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:05 PM

5,773 posts, read 6,556,799 times
I agree, he couldn't know what you were dreaming but, have you thought about who you are battling during the daytime? Your dream is a reflection of another struggle or perhaps you are allowing someone to chop you up and need stand up for yourself. But, that is for another post.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:12 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,359,687 times
dot is my cuddle kitty, and at night she literally hugsmy arm with her paws/ front legs for a time before i move it so i can sleep.

she also will reach out to me if i stop petting her before she thinks shes done being petted LOL

your kitty probably wanted his pillow back LOL

its possible your cat was kneading or moving on your leg, and that helped form the dream, as well

Old 01-24-2011, 06:03 PM

8,176 posts, read 15,775,642 times
When I talk in my sleep my cat who sleeps in my arms or on my head wakes me up, I assume to make me stop, by putting his paws over my mouth. I must be disturbing HIS sleep.

Quote:
its possible your cat was kneading or moving on your leg, and that helped form the dream, as well
I was thinking the same thing.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:25 PM

1,841 posts, read 2,140,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyleroux View Post
A couple of nights last week I had several strange dreams, but one really stuck out for a couple of reasons, mostly how our youngest cat reacted.

Ozzie is our youngest. During the summer he never sleeps with us, but now being winter he will lay down by my legs on most nights. He was doing that when I had this strange dream.

Long story short, I was in some kind of civil war battle, and this guy from the other side had a sword and was hitting me with it. I had fallen down, and he just kept hitting my left leg. As hard as I struggled, I couldn't get away. All of a sudden, I woke up. My left leg was up in the air, and Ozzie had his paw on my leg trying to pull my leg back down.

lol.. You would have really freaked if you woke up and saw your cat wearing a Civil War uniform.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:34 PM

2,806 posts, read 7,084,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty macbutter View Post
lol.. You would have really freaked if you woke up and saw your cat wearing a civil war uniform.
That was hilarious...LOL !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats