Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 09:35 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF4256 View Post
I have to apologise because I know Vaccines issue is also vital.
I'd like to add this as additional resource to Dr. Hofve: Index Dr Bob Rogers on vaccines. He has tons of info links on there.
Rep you if I could. Thank you for this wonderful link! You are absolutely right! It has a ton of information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 03:44 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,614,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Rep you if I could. Thank you for this wonderful link! You are absolutely right! It has a ton of information!
Garden,
Been trying to rep you for a wk now but can't. (I'll reply too when I get a sec )

Anyway, yes HOF, thanks a ton for all this valuable info.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:42 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,861,667 times
While everyone is in a heated frenzy over the lies that vets and the food industry cram down our throats, I have a question about cat nutrition:

Willow won't touch wet food any longer but he gets Instinct Raw twice a day, plus Instinct or Wellness kibble. Is that ok enough, or do I really need to find a wet food that he'll eat? I've spent a fortune trying to find something he'll eat, he just doesn't prefer it anymore.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:44 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,614,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
While everyone is in a heated frenzy over the lies that vets and the food industry cram down our throats, I have a question about cat nutrition:

Willow won't touch wet food any longer but he gets Instinct Raw twice a day, plus Instinct or Wellness kibble. Is that ok enough, or do I really need to find a wet food that he'll eat? I've spent a fortune trying to find something he'll eat, he just doesn't prefer it anymore.

Best to try wet food again. Try Wellness regular canned Chicken Grain-free. My cat loves it & gobbles it up. Maybe add a bit of water & some crushed up kibble in it to induce him to eat it. I find the kibble gives them the "crunch" (though they don't really chew) & thus, this adds to their idea they're eating dry food yet it hydrates well w/ the added water. Try it if you can.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Sandycat, read my post I wrote to Nancy on page three of this thread. Maybe some of my ideas could help you. Good luck! I know how frustrating it is trying to get cats to eat good food!

Old 01-30-2011, 07:11 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
Thanks G of E . I should try Newman's pet food as it is made right here in Santa Cruz where Paul Newman's daughter actually lives. I did try that trick with the wet & dry food ( not a chance).

Ruby really doesn't even appear to eat that much dry food even. She does not appear to be losing weight so I am not sure when she eats (maybe she sneaks out at night and goes to Taco Bell).

How about sprinkling some salmon oil on some moist food and offer her that?

I have never heard of this. Is it sold at pet stores?

Thanks for your help.

Best, nancy

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 01-31-2011, 08:26 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times
Good luck with the tricks. I can tell you that it doesn't work for all. My cat won't even eat her favorite foods if it's mixed with or even just next to in the same bowl any food that she decides she doesn't like. The entire thing goes to waste. Example: tried same brand but different variety of canned with chicken, just a little bit. Not a lot of activity so added some of her favorite tuna/salmon, just next to it in same bowl, not mixed. Still just sat there until morning.

Cats! Argh!

I've tried many, many varieties of canned food and this is the only one she'll really reliably eat and clean the bowl even. Loves it. It's frustrating because I don't know which to worry about more, the dry food or the canned food full of large fish.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:28 AM

Default Salmon Fish Oil

Nancy, I have looked around quite a bit for salmon oil that I feel is quality. I found one that I will recommend to you. It is a bit pricey, but I feel in this world, you do pay for what you get. The salmon oil is from Alaska. Here is the link...

New Chapter, Wholemega, Extra Virgin Omega-Rich Fish Oil, 1000 mg, 120 Softgels - iHerb.com

And if you are open to raw, see if Ruby will eat small pieces, about the size of a nickle, of raw chicken. You might be surprised.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:29 AM

PS......I was in a bit of a hurry when I wrote the above post. You can find salmon oil in you local grocery store and health food store. I would advise to read the ingredients and to know where the salmon are coming from. (sigh) It seems you just can't take any manufacturer's word for anything these days.

Keeping all paws crossed here that Ruby decides to change eating habits. There are a lot of paws here, so I am sending you a lot of luck!

Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,991,242 times
Quote:
If he's eating raw plus a good quality kibble... why worry? I would think raw, with the proper supplements, is better than anything in a can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats