Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 03:19 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,583,573 times

Advertisements

This thread has me LMAO!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one...LOL!
Bedtime is serious business for me, the little dogs, and my eldest cat (14 yr. old female "Harley"), but for my boys H2 and Hagrid, it means "LET'S GO CRAZY!!! YEAH!!! WOO- HOOOOOOOO!" Because I have wall heating units and a swamp cooler that are located in the hallway, I have to keep my bedroom door open or it gets either too hot or too cold, depending on the season...so when things get TOO loud and nuts with these guys, I must resort to putting not one, not two, but THREE baby gates, (one of which is the tall kind), in my bedroom doorway because it's the only way the rest of us will get any sleep! One of their favorite games is to stalk each other from either side of the bed and then leap up at each other, joining mid-air in some pretty impressive wrestling moves, landing on us, and proceeding to wrestle and roll all over us (usually by "us" I mostly mean "me"...any guesses about the preferred and usual landing spot? Yep...you guessed it...my HEAD! LOL!)

And laptops? Computers? Forget it! H2 has done surgery on 2 keyboards at this point, removing the 1, a, s, and enter keys on my (now deceased) laptop, and some big key to the right of my cursor on this one...don't have any recollection of what it was...but hey, I'm not missing it, so it must not be important, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 03:42 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Nope. My furbaby just thinks it is time for him to snuggle up in the "hot" blanket. He sleeps all night, right beside me. He does not meow, or anything. He does meow in the morning though.

The baby gate, that reminded me of when I had a baby gate, with a whole cut in the wire for the cat to get in and out to his cat box. He would go thru the gate, and sit on the other side, laying on the floor, watching the kids, who would call to him to come thru the gate because they wanted to play with him...he was an old man cat when I had little tiny people, 16 years old. So, we had to get a kitten for the kids.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:40 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,826,007 times
My understanding is that cats are genetically wired to be dusk, nighttime, and dawn hunters, and the 9 o'clock scampers are just their inherent nature.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:57 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,324,281 times
As soon as I break out the laptop my three think it's fun to try and sit or walk on it. And bath time seems to be the time they think it's fun to all cram into the bathroom and run around.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
.....Get the "crazies" as soon as you turn out thelight and go to bed?
What do your cats do?
When we go to bed our female cats wander off into the sunroom and find sleeping spots on the cat condos. Zebulon comes in and lays down purring on my chest for awhile to tuck me in. He wants his chin rubbed and petting. It's really the only time he seeks that kind of attention. After about 20 minutes he joins the girls in the sunroom. If I'm reading late he may come back for more petting and purring. If the light is out he doesn't bother me.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:02 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,686,308 times
My cat jumps onto my books and papers as soon as I sit down to study and lies down on top of them so I cannot read or write anything. Then, she grabs the pencils and starts mauling them.

I often wonder what she was in a past life that would make her act in such a manner towards all things scholarly; I'm still not sure if she acts that way b/c she loves or hates books and pencils.

She also often decides that she wants to go out/come in or does not have enough food as soon as I go to bed.

And she decides to lie down on the bed and make herself very comfortable as soon as I am either trying to strip the bed (to wash the sheets) or make the bed after I've washed the sheets. And then she growls at me when I make her move.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:23 PM

455 posts, read 1,238,367 times
lol lights out here means bedtime. Now catching them to put them to bed is another story.

Sitting at the computers means, how many of us can sit on her knee, the keyboard and right in front of the monitor. She thinks we care about her, bless - its just warmer here.

Tig and chase is an all day event, with interruptions of long sleeps.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:19 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
My DD says she can never get her homework done because her cat lays on the books and papers. Our last dear Mickey had to lay across the newspaper. The new cat, Jasper, he just is always curled up on the bed...except when he hears water, then he is right there for a drink, even with a full bowl of fresh water on his tray.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:25 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,473,081 times
Every time I finally get to sit on my couch and watch TV at night, I get all cozy in my microfiber (really it's meant for a bed, lol) blanket. The instant that I put it over my legs, the fat cat decides he wants to knead right on my thigh. I have the blanket spread out over the whole couch, but he has to knead on me, even though it hurts. LOL he's so funny.

Cats to the most fun things! He also spins around on the floor like he's Curly from the 3 Stooges.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:23 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
.....Get the "crazies" as soon as you turn out thelight and go to bed? Mine start zooming around the room, chasing each other, jumping on me in passing, etc.

....Get in front of the monitor the minute I sit down at the computer? I try and shove them away, at least give me a corner to see through, but noooo.

What do your cats do?
My three cats get the "crazies" mostly in the morning and in the evenings after sundown. But they also get the "crazies" during the day once in awhile. Every time I'm talking on the phone Zephyr gets in my lap and demands attention. Zebulon tucks me into bed at night. He's right there when I go to bed. As soon as I pull the quilt over me he's on my stomach purring doing the head-roll and gets his chin rubs, petting and attention. This goes on for about 20 minutes before he leaves for a place for the night. Our cats seldom sleep on our beds. They don't bother me when I'm online unless it's feeding time and I hadn't noticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats