Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 12:20 PM

15,107 posts, read 32,119,385 times

Advertisements

I'm sure that all of you remember the cat Skittles, that I gave to my neighbor. He has renamed him Euan (Ian), and you can see that he's extremely stressed out. He took him to the vet last week for his exam and shots, and the vet said that he's a three year old neutered (which we knew) male. He also said that he's in great shape. He's filled out quite a bit, and weighs 16.9lbs, up from the 13lbs when I took him in January to be dewormed. He's a big boy, and still growing.

He's a very happy cat and has the best of both worlds - two homes. He lives with my neighbor, but comes to visit. He scratches on the door to come in, has a snack, takes a nap, then goes back out. He doesn't leave the complex. The other two cats are Shadow (b&w) and Fran (black).
Attached Thumbnails
Stressed out cats-toys.jpg   Stressed out cats-euan.jpg   Stressed out cats-euan1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 12:40 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,626,592 times
LOL! SO happy that your plan is working out! Really cute pictures!!! Ah, the life of a cat, eh?

Old 04-13-2011, 12:49 PM

He went from being a stray to having two homes. But he's not a cuddly cat, he likes to be petted, but not held. Maybe it's a Siamese trait. My neighbor was having a problem with him pooping outside of the litter pan. I told him to clean it more often, and that didn't work, so he bought a bigger one at Petsmart, and this thing is huge! He was still pooping outside the pan, so I told him take off the door. That helped for a while, but it turns out that the black and white cat was picking on him, but that's apparently stopped.

He lets them out when he comes home from work, but none of them go anywhere. They just walk around and visit.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:09 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,766,574 times
what a pretty baby.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:14 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,882,033 times
Default More litter pans

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
He went from being a stray to having two homes. But he's not a cuddly cat, he likes to be petted, but not held. Maybe it's a Siamese trait. My neighbor was having a problem with him pooping outside of the litter pan. I told him to clean it more often, and that didn't work, so he bought a bigger one at Petsmart, and this thing is huge! He was still pooping outside the pan, so I told him take off the door. That helped for a while, but it turns out that the black and white cat was picking on him, but that's apparently stopped.

He lets them out when he comes home from work, but none of them go anywhere. They just walk around and visit.
I don't believe it's a Siamese trait. You may suggest he get another litter pan and put it in another room. More than 2 cats sharing a pan, or two pans right next to each other can cause a problem. And as you already suggested to him - scoop them pans at least twice a day.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:21 PM

He's scooping the pan three times a day. There's nowhere to put another litter pan. His duplex is smaller than my 400sqft cottage, and the pan is in the kitchen. The Siamese trait that I was referring to is that he doesn't like to be cuddled or held.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:11 PM

41,695 posts, read 74,634,436 times
I'd be stressed if someone decorated me with my toys, LOL.

How wonderful that he's so happy in his new home.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:26 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,882,033 times
Quote:
He's scooping the pan three times a day. There's nowhere to put another litter pan. His duplex is smaller than my 400sqft cottage, and the pan is in the kitchen. The Siamese trait that I was referring to is that he doesn't like to be cuddled or held.
Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. I'd have to agree. I've had one purebred Siamese and several mixes. Friends have had purebreds. They were very popular in NYC. None were truly cuddly and none liked to be picked up including my Zebulon. But as we all know, there are exceptions to every rule.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:47 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,000,889 times
Quote:

My cat was doing the same thing, and I tried everything, I mean EVERYTHING everyone suggested. The only thing that worked was "cat attract" litter, which I finally decided to try out of desperation after a friend insisted it works..

In the box, every time.

It's pricey-ish, but it seems to last a good while, and it's better than the alternative.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:20 PM

He doesn't seem to having any problems now. The black and white cat was picking on him, so my neighbor is now keeping a spray bottle handy. Every time Shadow starts picking on Euan, he gets sprayed, and he doesn't like it. Euan is much happier now, I just didn't have the time for him, because I have to work so much.

Snickers is happy being an only cat, and I haven't seen the orange and white one lately, but I've heard he's still around. I can't leave cat food out at night, because the skunks love it, so if I see him, I'll feed him, but there's food out during the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats