Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 05:34 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,630,590 times

Advertisements

Somehow, I just "knew" I should have just kept quiet. Next time, I'll know better then to express my opinion. Mouth shut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 05:54 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,893,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
If this was a deliberate act of cruelty, charges must be filed. But to lash out at the person who may have done this without knowing what happened (Yes folks it could have been an accident and the person who shot the arrow has no idea a cat was injured) just reinforces the belief that cat lovers are a bunch of emotional loonies.
If you don't really like cats, why are you on this Forum? Most people here really love their cats as part of their family. The chance of it being an accident is small when it's well known hunting-freaks and gun nuts who get a thrill out of killing animals commonly use the neighborhood cats for target practice. Occasionally dogs as well as livestock where I live are also shot at and often killed. When caught, these mental midgets, often smelling of alcohol, crow that they thought it was a deer or a rabbit. Mistake a black horse for a deer? A Siamese cat for a squirrel? All the vets here in TN (and any other state) can tell you about the number of cats that come in still alive, some dying, that had been shot with BBs, buckshot or like this cat, shot by an arrow. Sometimes they're blinded or lose a leg. Sometimes the damage to their internal organs is so great they die or have to be euthanized. Dogs come in mostly with buckshot I was told. BTW, I'm glad archery isn't that popular here. These days, thank God, kids are rooted to their PC games indoors instead of shooting the neighborhood cats and birds. The yahoos are still out in the woods and on the roads looking for moving targets........

Old 04-13-2011, 06:19 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,772,637 times
Quote:
Now i don;t fell so bad when i see cats squished on the road, afterall your saying they are just the really stupid ones and probably deserve what they got.
Just you trying to reference that scenario to validate your point shows what kind of person you are.

But why?
Whats going on with YOU?
Forget the cats....lets get into you.
What kind of person would go to a CAT FORUM ---where there are nothing but CAT LOVERS --and say "Now i don;t fell so bad when i see cats squished on the road..." ???

Just so you could make your original post more convincing?
Is that the only sentence you could come up with?

I'd like to know where you were when that poor cat was almost killed by that arrow.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:25 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,462,710 times
Quote:

If this was an accident, it's an accident because god only knows cats don't do what we think they do when we don't see them doing it. If this was a deliberate act of cruelty, charges must be filed. But to lash out at the person who may have done this without knowing what happened (Yes folks it could have been an accident and the person who shot the arrow has no idea a cat was injured) just reinforces the belief that cat lovers are a bunch of emotional loonies.
Hey, I resemble that remark.
My two cents... I think, more often than not, people often tend to jump to conclusions without getting all the facts about mannnnny things. Human nature.

4,918 posts, read 22,608,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
If you don't really like cats, why are you on this Forum?

Where did you get the idea I don't like cats?

I don't like people who kill animals just to kill them but;
that don't mean I hate all vets who euthnize animals at shelters because they are buldging at the seams from irresponsible pet owners.
It don;t mean I;m going to hate farmer John who shot a cat that was attacking his chickens.
It don;t mean I'm going to be calling for the death of an unklnown person who may have accidentially injured an animal without knowing they did it.

If that's the case why not call for the heads and a horrible death to everyone on this forum who drives a car that uses antifreeze that may acciddntally leak and some stray feral cat licks it and dies. By some peopels reasoning it don;t matter if it was an accident or not, the mere fact that a poor fuzzy cat was injured means that person is a cruel; evil sicko. Would it change things if that person;s car overheated during the rescue of 20 cats and just so happen to drip antifreeze, or will the person still be a sicko freek who deserves a lingering death?

What if nobody shot the cat with an arrow and it turns out the cat was jumping and fell on the arrow? Isn't that just as possible as some wacko person going around shooting the cat?

The story is horrible but no more than the remarks that were made. Cause that jump to judgement indicates just as much wacko in a person. Who's the wacko, a person who may have shot an arrow at a target or can or rabbit and missed and some cat they had no idea was there gets hit and they don;t even know it, OR, the person who armed with nothing but a bit of a story flyes off the emotional deep end and turns all crazy with uncontrollable rage?

How many times do people get all emotionally wound up over an aritcle about some governement agency trying to stop old lady Wilma from operating a rescue for stary and adandon cats, but we hear nothing from those same people when the whole truth comes out and its some mental old fruit cake hording cats in deplorable conditions.

This is an open forum and I have every right to express my opinions even if it isn't the popular mob mentality. Many people know my situation and have stepped back from their hostility towards me personally, but wasn't their rush to judge me misplaced? It was based on their interpretation of what they assumed I am and what I was doing, and not on the reality of the facts? Thats the same thing I;m saying on this, we have no facts on what happened and calling for someone to die a horrible death based on a tidbit of news article is like calling for the death of John Doe for killing another human. (what if he turned out to be the executioner at a state prison and the condemend person murdered and raped a bunch of people?).

OOPS not going there.......

Old 04-13-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
I'd like to know where you were when that poor cat was almost killed by that arrow.
Based on the article, i was probably delivering emergency supplies in japan or picking up emergency supplies for japan in Australia or China. I was a tad bit busy doing my job which may or may not included emergecy animal supplies as well. I apologize that we were busy trying to relive the suffering of a nation and that i could not personally stop what happened!

By the way, where were you? What did you do for that poor cat?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:36 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,540,264 times
Geez, I'm really sorry I even brought this up now. I'm thinking cool story of tough kitty and what we have here is an argument over whether or not this could have been an accident and who loves cats or doesn't.

The reality is I shouldn't have put that sentence in because while at first glance I was thinking it's unlikely that it would be an accident that way, it's impossible to know how likely or not that is. When it comes down to it, the thing that would have prevented it EITHER WAY is to keep the cat inside. Which is also an argument for some people.

So the best thing to do is not post any stories like this....

Old 04-13-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Geez, I'm really sorry I even brought this up now. I'm thinking cool story of tough kitty and what we have here is an argument over whether or not this could have been an accident and who loves cats or doesn't.
Greg, you are so right, and I've let my emotions get the better of me, which I try not to do. Yet, here we are all human and when I saw that arrow through that cat's head, I admit, I saw red. For myself, I feel ashamed for getting carried away.

As for the rest of you guys, stop fighting and bickering. Come on, there is just too much suffering in this world already without adding to it! OK?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola4 View Post
Hey, I resemble that remark.
My two cents... I think, more often than not, people often tend to jump to conclusions without getting all the facts about mannnnny things. Human nature.
I agree 100% that's why I hold NO ill will towards anyone who in the past called me names and attacked me based on their limited knowledge of my situation with feral cats but have since taken the time to find out the story. But people need to know that a rush to judgement can be almost as bad as the act they are responding to if it's not what they think it is.

I would have no problem with the court ordering the person to be shot in the head with an arrow if they did it to be cruel to the anaimal. (hey I might even volunteer) but until I know what was the motives, for all I know it could have been Sister Mary teaching kids physics in the school yard and the arrow went into some bushes. Do we still shoot her in the head with an arrow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats