Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 10:47 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Besides, that is the dog's job- letting me know if something is amiss. Now I will get up if I hear her bark.
Hahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 11:04 AM

374 posts, read 759,041 times
At 4:00 in the morning I hear the light thud of Tiger landing on the nightstand next to the bed. Then I hear the mewrrring sound and he starts to lick my face. Then he bites my ear and starts licking my face again so I won't know he bit me.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:31 PM

5,007 posts, read 10,684,206 times
"OWWa!" is a big one in our house, usually when the cat and I are playing "bedbugs."

Sometimes, it's "YELP!" if the dog decides to get involved.

Other times, it's "WTF," usually when I am awoken at some strange hour, either b/c the cat wants to come in, go out, or is just randomly freaking on something for no reason.

I still shout "OMG" and jump in my chair everytime she decides to flick the door handle (instead of meow) when she wants to come in. It sounds like someone is trying to break in.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:55 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,662,886 times
Ah come on.....is a favorite in this house when Molly decides to stride her belly atop my face as she digs her nails in my hair! MO lleeeeeeeeee I can't breathe!

OR

WHOOSH GROAN as all the air goes out of me when 14 pound Rocky jumps on my chest as I am laying down watching a movie. Then.......KNOCK IT OFF! as he insists on butting me in the face! Another AH COME ON!!!

I LOVE YOU rings loud and true in this house ALL the time!

Singing and mimicking cats by me in high sing-song voices.

^^^^Yep, ya got the WTF too as I am falling asleep and I can't find room for my legs due to all the cats on my bed......

Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Don't eat that!

Get Down!

Get off!

And yes: I love you so much, my dearest sweet boy, the joy of my life! I love you, you are the sweetey-est little baby kitten alive! I love you, whoever would have thought you'd ever be so lovey, my loviest lovey cat? I love you, my funny pudding girl I'm so happy you chose me, I love you so much!

Thanks for your contributions everyone, they are hilarious!

And one I said tonight after just arriving home from a late night of work

"WHO took the cover off prescription kibble?" No one is admitting to it, but they have all helped themselves judging by the four full tight bellies. AAARRRGGHH!!!

Old 04-18-2011, 03:38 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
Once again, I find myself wanting to rep so many of you but have to "spread some around" first...I am LMAO!

I think "OFF THE COUNTER" is probably one of the most recurrant themes in this house...along with
"OW!"
"WHO BROKE THIS?!"
and, of course,
"MOMMY LOOOOVES YOU!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Besides, that is the dog's job- letting me know if something is amiss. Now I will get up if I hear her bark.
My little dogs bark if they hear a cricket farting across the street......they've "false alarmed" me so many times I've lost count, LOL !

Old 04-18-2011, 04:16 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
When you own a Persian (I've had a few), you'll also get used to hearing snoooooooore, wheeeeeeeze - It's like having an old Bulldog in the house! Once I actually thought the gas stove was on, until I realized it was just Cyrus wheezing in his sleep.

In my house, you might also hear the occasional "OW, you little @#$%&!" My youngest cat, Bindi, thinks the most effective wake-up call is a sharp bite... usually on my toes, or that sensitive inner-arm spot. How do they know exactly where it hurts the most? She's a little jerk sometimes, but I love her anyway.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:19 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
My little dogs bark if they hear a cricket farting across the street......
OMG, that's the funniest expression ever... seriously LMAO.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:30 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post

Eeeeeek! (sound of shocked surprise as I step into puddle of cold water mysteriously spilled from the water bowl)
In my house it's more likely a case of, "Eeeeeek! (sound of shocked surprise as I step onto squishy, lumpy pile of cold cat vomit during the night)

Old 04-18-2011, 07:23 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,490,423 times
The sound of baked goods hitting the floor. Doesn't matter if the item is in a sealed bag or any kind of container. For some odd reason, our Roxy doesn't want baked goods on the counter. (We don't discuss the fact that she had to be ON the counter in order to knock the goods to the floor.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats