Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 09:36 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times

Advertisements

Oooooof! (sound of breath being knocked out of me when cat jumps from height onto my stomach)

AaaaaaaH! (sound of scream as I crash to the floor after dancing on one foot while trying to avoid stepping on cat under my feet)

Yyyyyuuucccch! (sound of shudder as I step into a pile of cold OR warm wet cat puke with bare foot, usually in the middle of the night, in the dark)

Eeeeeek! (sound of shocked surprise as I step into puddle of cold water mysteriously spilled from the water bowl)

<and I swear I hear muffled kitty giggles and snickers whenever I make the above sounds>

And then, to make up for all of it:

purrrrrrrrr.......the best sound of all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 09:46 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Awwww, how funny, you are right! I have experienced all those as well!

And we still adore them

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Oooooof! (sound of breath being knocked out of me when cat jumps from height onto my stomach)

AaaaaaaH! (sound of scream as I crash to the floor after dancing on one foot while trying to avoid stepping on cat under my feet)

Yyyyyuuucccch! (sound of shudder as I step into a pile of cold OR warm wet cat puke with bare foot, usually in the middle of the night, in the dark)

Eeeeeek! (sound of shocked surprise as I step into puddle of cold water mysteriously spilled from the water bowl)

<and I swear I hear muffled kitty giggles and snickers whenever I make the above sounds>

And then, to make up for all of it:

purrrrrrrrr.......the best sound of all

Old 04-16-2011, 06:21 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Once the whole family woke up to the sound of a "banshee", Beau was mad that a strange cat at night dared to go on his front porch. I never heard Beau make such a fearsome noise, he was a sweet cat that my daughter dressed up in baby clothes, and puahed around in a doll stroller (even at 15, he loves that stroiler).

Beau was growling, hissing, and had puffed up to 2x his size, woth a huge puffed tail. I was scared of him. And the cat on the porch left, good thing our guard cat was on duty, patrolling the house while we slept.

I always hear random crashes, and wonder what mess I will find, but after having pets for so many yaers, my home is pretty clutter free and crash proof.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:55 AM

363 posts, read 583,262 times
Add to the above list:

Oy, oy, oy! as the cat kneads your bladder in the wee hours of the morning.

Ouch! Ouch! as the cat walks across your boobs while you're flat on your back, asleep. Why do they always manage to step on the nipples??

Get out of the way!!! as you're trying to walk down the hall and your Speedy Gonzales cat becomes a slow-moving, hall-hogging, four-legged farm combine in front of you, constantly looking over its' shoulder making sure you're still stuck behind him.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:58 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,183,468 times
When I hear rhythmic thumping and collar jingling, I know that Cookie is in the window, and Checkers is on the floor below the window, that he's trying to jump up on the windowsill next to her, and that she's swatting him down.

Crazy cats.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:17 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Once the whole family woke up to the sound of a "banshee", Beau was mad that a strange cat at night dared to go on his front porch. I never heard Beau make such a fearsome noise, he was a sweet cat that my daughter dressed up in baby clothes, and puahed around in a doll stroller (even at 15, he loves that stroiler).

Beau was growling, hissing, and had puffed up to 2x his size, woth a huge puffed tail. I was scared of him. And the cat on the porch left, good thing our guard cat was on duty, patrolling the house while we slept.

I always hear random crashes, and wonder what mess I will find, but after having pets for so many yaers, my home is pretty clutter free and crash proof.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:31 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post
Add to the above list:

Oy, oy, oy! as the cat kneads your bladder in the wee hours of the morning.

Ouch! Ouch! as the cat walks across your boobs while you're flat on your back, asleep. Why do they always manage to step on the nipples??

Get out of the way!!! as you're trying to walk down the hall and your Speedy Gonzales cat becomes a slow-moving, hall-hogging, four-legged farm combine in front of you, constantly looking over its' shoulder making sure you're still stuck behind him.

HA HA HA HA!!! OH yes, I forgot those two. Especially that chest one. I have one who is an expert at stomping his feet in the most tender spots. OW!

Old 04-16-2011, 09:31 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
I am so used to ignoring crashing, banging sounds in the night that 10 burglars could be in the house and I would never know it. And even if somebody came to ravage my body, I would probably roll over, eyes still closed and try to pet him and say "Can't you wait till morning honey?" meaning feeding the cat of course.

Once years ago my brother spent the night on the sofa and had put his wedding ring on the coffee table. The cat found it and had a great game of rolling it around all over the hardwood floors. Brother and I spent about 30 minutes trying to find the ring and the cat and cat thought it was a great game.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:12 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Funny. I sometimes hear a crash/bang through a veiled sleep....but do not even get up to see what commotion "they" have caused............if it is broken or whatever, what can I do?

If it is a burglar, well, guess I am in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I am so used to ignoring crashing, banging sounds in the night that 10 burglars could be in the house and I would never know it. And even if somebody came to ravage my body, I would probably roll over, eyes still closed and try to pet him and say "Can't you wait till morning honey?" meaning feeding the cat of course.

Once years ago my brother spent the night on the sofa and had put his wedding ring on the coffee table. The cat found it and had a great game of rolling it around all over the hardwood floors. Brother and I spent about 30 minutes trying to find the ring and the cat and cat thought it was a great game.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:41 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
Besides, that is the dog's job- letting me know if something is amiss. Now I will get up if I hear her bark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats