Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:19 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,630,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
alpaca (and llama are actually related closely to camels, used in south america for fiber and packing...
the llama is larger, while the alpaca is relitivly small, i prefer alpaca wool to llama but both are amazingly soft with alot of loft.
Alpaca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

id love a couple one day, there sooo cute lol
Ha! I KNEW it! Camel did come to mind, but then I said no, can't be. Well I'll be. I remembered something other then the norm! LOL My brain still is intact! Hey, thanks for the information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 09:33 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,731,575 times
Foxy, since you like alpaca, do you know about this company? Andean Treasure Yarn Knitting Yarn from KnitPicks.com - Baby alpaca sport weight yarn for soft & warm projects I've been ordering from them for years and they are great. This particular extra-fine baby alpaca is particularly nice, and look at the price! And no,
Spoiler
I don't work for them, Just buy lots of their yarn...

Old 04-18-2011, 09:44 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,462,710 times
What an interesting and cute breed...chinese crested. I have never seen one in person. 5 1/2 pounds... littttttle.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:05 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,510,439 times
Quote:
...but then get another email telling me there going to make my life a living hell and im going to come home one day and the kittens will be gone...
at that point i called the cops, filed a report and sent them a copy of the emails...
I had a person email me some threats. I reported him to his postmaster of his IP. He emailed me for a different account the next day with more threats as his email account had been shut down. So I forwarded that to the new postmaster. Next day I get a email from this guys mother, she got fired as he had used her email account at work to threaten me.

Easy to do, forward to postmaster@domain.com or postmaster@aol.com, whatever applies.

My wife said if this had happened to us she would sue for slander from their reports to animal control.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,220,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I had a person email me some threats. I reported him to his postmaster of his IP. He emailed me for a different account the next day with more threats as his email account had been shut down. So I forwarded that to the new postmaster. Next day I get a email from this guys mother, she got fired as he had used her email account at work to threaten me.

Easy to do, forward to postmaster@domain.com or postmaster@aol.com, whatever applies.

My wife said if this had happened to us she would sue for slander from their reports to animal control.
WOW. That is an exceptional bit of information. Thanks for the link.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:07 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,778,423 times
that is great info, will definatily keep that in mind should i need it again.

macrina, oooo naughty, shoudlnt be tempting me with yummy alpaca wool! lol

lola, thank you, i personally think they are stunning, unfortunatly most people hear chinese crested and their mind automatically goes to those poor dogs of the worlds ugliest dog contest...
most of the dogs on that contest are actually mixed breeds and frequently from bad breeders and bad situations/rescues

a well cared for crestie is actually a stunning sight, they dont walk they prance, they even have a trot just like a horse and run like the wind, (its bleived they are a mixture of african terriers and an african sighthound) they run just like greyhounds with a super long stride, it looks like they are flying.
they make excelent ratters if you get one with the instincts intact.
the only "downside" is they bond incredibly strongly with their people (prone to seperation anxiety) and can be rather standoffish with strangers.

my male is a hairless and 5 1/2lbs, my female is a powderpuff and between 10-10 1/2lbs. there usually judge by height rather than weight through because theres some variation in builds, theres the "racey style" both jasper and ruby are racey, they have a slim body, deep ribcage and a very elegant silohuette, very sighthound type body, then theres the "stocky style" which tends to be an overall wider dog, wider rib cage, with a more terrier style body.

there not like "normal" dogs though, think dogs, crossed with cats, crossed with monkeys...from out-of-space lol

Old 04-19-2011, 12:13 AM

4,933 posts, read 10,602,364 times
Forget the llama; this is who Ruby reminds me of (without the horn, of course):

ugh...stupid people...and a visit from animal control-the_last_unicorn1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
ugh...stupid people...and a visit from animal control-images.jpg  

Old 04-19-2011, 02:20 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,554,183 times
Quote:
i personally think they are stunning, unfortunatly most people hear chinese crested and their mind automatically goes to those poor dogs of the worlds ugliest dog contest...
I agree, they ARE stunning...very elegant structure, lovely faces, and you can tell by Ruby's stance that their movement must be a real thing of beauty to watch. My chi's "prance" too, and it's really one of my (many) favorite things about them.

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed the pics !

Old 04-19-2011, 07:07 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,347,382 times
Foxy, I'll admit to being one of those people who thought Chinese Cresteds were homely dogs, and all because I'd never seen one that looked as it should. Yours are gorgeous!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:11 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,778,423 times
*blushes* thanks guys, i told them and ruby just gave me this look like "yup...i know" :P shes such a diva sometimes, but man...shes the love of my life :P

your right, she does look like a unicorn :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats