Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:46 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,856,454 times

Advertisements

I sure will greablueheron!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 05:54 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,537,117 times
I will never tick off my husband, because I know if it were a matter of me or the cats - I would lose.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:12 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,026,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
I know this much...
No man on this planet could ever convince me to part with any of my cats or dogs, but I'd certainly have no problem parting with a man who would ask me to do such a thing...

So I guess that statement applies to me as well !
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Anyone who insists another "get rid of" a beloved pet does not have that person's best interests at heart. If you love someone, you accept their baggage too.

"If you really loved me you'd get rid of the cat" usually means there are control issues, abuse issues or worse. Often, human family is next.

It is abnormal to dump a pet because another human being tells you to. Pets are a life long commitment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Some people will stick their kids in boarding school if their new spouse doesn't want to deal with them...some people dump their animals into a shelter or on the street if their new spouse doesn't want to deal with them...both are mental aberrations IMO because they're "prizing" someone who doesn't love them unconditionally enough to accept their family above their family members who DO love them unconditionally.

If you look at the numbers of unwanted and abandoned animals sitting in shelters, wandering hungry on the streets, or waiting on death row at animal control, you'll see that a lot people DO prize human convenience over the well-being, safety and happiness of the creatures they promised to love and protect. I happen to take that promise seriously. If that's a "mental aberration" in some peoples' eyes, so be it...if "normal" means shirking the responsibility I agreed to when I opened my home and heart to living creatures who need and love me, they can keep that label all to themselves..."eccentric" works just fine for me !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
A man who would say, "me or the cat?", well, obviously the cat would win, hands down.

My cat never yells at me, never expects me to visit his children or parents, cook him food, do his laundry, does not tell me what to do, oh...the list could go on forever.

I love my cat. He is sweet to me, and appreciates me. After I feed him (which consists of opening one can!), he comes and gives me kisses and cuddles. Would a man give you kisses and cuddles if all you did was open a can of food for his dinner? Don't think so.

Any one who would give up their cat for aman is either very insecure, is looking for a relationship to be controlled by a man...some men just like to keep pushing women on control issues. Crazy.
well said.... all of the above....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I had someone tell me she felt sorry for my husband, after she found out we had 10 cats.

Why feel sorry for him? Feel sorry for me! He keeps bringing them home!

(And I wouldn't have it any other way.... the man's a big hearted love bug...)
and a keeper!!

ex #2 comes from a non-pet family.... should have set off alarm bells, but i was head over heels for him .... i had 2 cats when i met him.... skrappy died at 18 from kidney failure.... i lost hobbes a few years later when he got out and i didn't realize it and he subsequently fell prey to raccoons the neighbors were feeding.... ....

i was hearbroken and petless for the first time in my life.... when i was ready for a new kitty, he INSISTED that I get an Absynnian (sp??) because "they don't shed" and his mom and one of his sisters was allergic to cats.....funny how in all the years they came to our house, neither of the cats seemed to bother them..... i even went to a few cat shows to meet breeders and check the cats out.... but in the end, just could NOT justify paying hundreds of dollars for one of these cats when so many were dying in shelters every day....

this was his way of ensuring i had no more pets in the house.....

we separated a few years later and i was still unpacking boxes in my house when i went to the shelter and got charlie-chubby-cat and max-the-mighty-hunter-kitty.... bailey joined our family about 7-8 months after that......

another telling story about his family..... one of his sisters was going through a bad breakup and brought home 2 kitties that people were giving away in the walmart parking lot.... i wanted to help her take good care of these kitties, so i paid for their vaccinations and neutering..... fast forward about 6 - 8 months.... she gave them away to some random stranger because she was tired of them and cleaning up after them..... the entire family is ocd clean-freaks..... i was so upset with her that i could not even talk to her for quite a while.... and she worked for me at the time......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats