Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 09:51 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,810,296 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the kind words.
I saw him again this morning and said good morning.
He responded with the same and even had a smile on his face.
So thats good.
I'll keep an eye on him though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 04:03 PM

48 posts, read 103,238 times
StaggerLee22-
Just don't shoot Billy-heh heh.....

Old 05-09-2011, 04:27 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,810,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogsonly View Post
StaggerLee22-
Just don't shoot Billy-heh heh.....
LOL!
I'll bet you only one out of 50 know what your talking about

Old 05-09-2011, 04:32 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,512,994 times
I started feeding a very young stray last summer when he moved in under my porch. He stayed outside most of the winter (ok he did stay on the porch on bad nights), he even disappeared for a month at Thanksgiving (I think someone took him in and couldn't deal with a maturing, unaltered tomcat). He is now a mostly contented housecat at my oldest daughter's house.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:01 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,686,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
LOL!
I'll bet you only one out of 50 know what your talking about
I guess I'm that one out of 50? I doubt it. I get the feeling that there are many Dead Heads on this forum, and I am sure that most of them post here

Old 05-09-2011, 05:57 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,213,159 times
I can't believe the guy told you about breaking the law when I'm pretty sure its against the law to shoot anything with a pellet gun within a neighborhood!

To me this is just classic...I won't do anything about the problem but I'll **** all over someone else who is taking some action. Feeding without TNR is not good, but unless the guy is will to trap and take into the HS where they will of course be put to sleep. Granted this guy sounds like he has a lot on his plate so I give him a bit of a pass but people with no excuse act like this all the time.

I'm just so sick and tired of people whining about how the govt needs to do less and they too much in taxes and then immediately turn around and expect the govt come out and take care of everything for them.

Your neighborhood needs a plan, make it a group action to TNR, hold a fund raiser for the spay money something.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:00 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,419,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
I guess I'm that one out of 50? I doubt it. I get the feeling that there are many Dead Heads on this forum, and I am sure that most of them post here
I can do better than that, I remember Lloyd Price's version although I was young enough I had to check what his name was.
Giesela, you hit the nail on the head.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
I can't believe this......
I live in Nevada..Henderson to be exact.
Over the last couple of weeks I've been seeing quite a few stray cats.
I called the city last week, but I don't think they even came out.
Who knows.
I called again yesterday and got the run around.

Well, last night I saw one that was pretty hurt. His ear was bleeding and he didn't look to good.
What can I do? Not too much. But I can give him some food and some water.
So I did.
...and I did it at 2 in the morning so nobody would see me.
{{they don't want you feeding the strays--and I understand}

Well, I was seen.
Seen by some man around 45 years old with A TEMPER.

Fast forward to about a half hour ago.

I go outside to just sorta check the plate to see if he [or anybody} ate the food.
This guy was driving by and BACKED UP his car to tell me that what I was doing was against the law.
So---I started to lie saying that all I was doing was looking.

No dice.
He said :"Well excuse me---I saw you put that food out last night when I came in from work and I went behind you and threw it away"

...and he said it with a stern voice.
Turns out, his house is 3 houses down from the empty house and he can't deal with the cats.
I understand.

So, off the cuff I said {trying to play on his sense of HUMANITY}
Well...what can I do, can't just let them die out here, it's gonna be hot tomorrow..."

HE WENT N U T S
Started screaming at me.
Me. Screaming at me about how he had shot one with an air gun a few days ago and how somebody oughta shoot ME with the same gun.

OKAAAAYYYY---thats about all I could take.

Inside I went to get my husband.
My 6ft 4inch 290 pound--CAT LOVING-- husband.

That was the end of THAT.

After it was all over, hubby went inside and got 5 cans of cat food and opened them up and is STILL standing there making sure that guy wont throw it away.

{also__this isnt the staggerlee that normally posts here---im his wife--this is the first time I used his account---}
At that point you call law enforcement and report the threat upon your life. No responsible firearms owner speaks that way to a stranger who is of no threat to them at the time.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:37 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,664,291 times
Yikes this thread is really all over the place. I agree that people who don't like animals should just to look the other way when others are helping them. I agree that the police should have gotten involved when a threat was made verbally about using a gun a stagger lee's wife. I also agree and understand the compassion stagger lee had for the man who has a young girl in a wheelchair, and why he made the decision he did. Stagger lee has to live as a neighbor with this man, and if he thinks the situation is under control, that is his prerogative to do so.

Although to be on the safe side, and to show the man who threatened sl's wife that he is serious, a police report should be filed. I'm talking in circles. There is NO easy solution here, folks. People are people and tensions are so high with all the stress in today's world. Yet, stagger, you need to protect your family as well, even though you are 6'4. Your height is no match against a gun.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:36 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
I thought of Lloyd Price right away!

It amazes me that so many otherwise rational, likable people can so casually mention in conversation that they hate cats.

As the Beach Boys once sang, "The pen is mightier than the sword/ But no match for a gun". (Speaking of this thread being all over the place.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats