Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:04 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times

Advertisements

Sorry cat lovers..But I just don't care for cats
My boyfriend thinks I have changed my mind and like them now
His girls have 2 cats..They are pretty cats tho
When Im over his house I let the cats lay on my lap, only when Im not eating..He tells me "see you like cats" ...I tell him "No I tolerate cats and your cats just want some attention". They want me to pet them so I do.
I think Im just compassionate toward animals..But still not a cat person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 10:10 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Sorry cat lovers..But I just don't care for cats
My boyfriend thinks I have changed my mind and like them now
His girls have 2 cats..They are pretty cats tho
When Im over his house I let the cats lay on my lap, only when Im not eating..He tells me "see you like cats" ...I tell him "No I tolerate cats and your cats just want some attention". They want me to pet them so I do.
I think Im just compassionate toward animals..But still not a cat person.
I'm not being judgmental here, but I would like to understand your ailurophobia. I once saw a crew-cut veteran Marine practically go into hysterics when my overly friendly cat tried to play with him.

Why don't you like cats?

I'm an animal lover too but prefer cats to dogs due to the smell and slobber factor.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:14 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
I don't think it matters that you don't like cats as long as you are nice to his daughters' cats. However, it appears that he is sending a message that he would like to include cats in your household. That would be the discussion to have.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I'm not being judgmental here, but I would like to understand your ailurophobia. I once saw a crew-cut veteran Marine practically go into hysterics when my overly friendly cat tried to play with him.

Why don't you like cats?
I just don't, really never have..
I let them sit on my lap..I pet them..
I wont get one tho..
Im a dog person..

Old 05-18-2011, 10:29 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
A cat vs. dog classic;

Dog Diary vs. Cat Diary

Old 05-18-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I don't think it matters that you don't like cats as long as you are nice to his daughters' cats. However, it appears that he is sending a message that he would like to include cats in your household. That would be the discussion to have.
I know when we get decide to live together..he will have cats..I don't care..As long I only get to pet them..and not feed and clean the litterbox
Thats all..

Old 05-18-2011, 10:40 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
jeepgirl27 -

It's ok that you don't particularly like them. Sounds like you have a great tolerance for them. You seem to understand that the cats came first and you are willing to accept them as part of the package. As you get to know these particular cats, they may grow on you.

Don't worry about. It's not like it makes you a bad person!

As long as he agrees to dogs - you guys will be fine.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:52 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
My dad always considered himself a dog person, but when I was 12 we moved to a rural area so he could fulfil his dream of renovating an old house in the country...we soon realized that mice were part of the package, LOL! Anyway, mom and I suggested we get a cat to deter the mice from coming in, and he reluctantly agreed. We knew zilch about cats, and we didn't even have a carrier when we went to pick up the kitten, Zoey...he was all over that car, and several times he even climbed onto dad's head as he was driving ...dad was none too pleased about the whole thing .

Fast forward about 6 months, and there is the image of dad sitting at the dining room table with his coffee and newspaper, Zoey sitting patiently at his feet saying "Maooo....mao...ma....mew?" and dad fighting the smile as he says "Oh, allright, come on up, then", at which point Zoey would jump onto his lap, settle in, and read the paper with him. He loved that cat, and from that point on he could never turn a cat in need away, he would take in the strays that found their way to us, vet them, and find them homes. He was a cat person and he didn't even know it until that one very special cat walked into his life and showed him how smart, funny, sweet, and awesome cats can be.

So you just never know, you might think you could never love a cat as much as a dog, but there might just be a feline out there who will steal your heart and change your mind!

Old 05-18-2011, 02:54 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
I don't like cats and thankfully my wife is allergic to them.. whew!

I love dogs but unfortunately my daughter is allergic to them!

KARMA is a *****!

Old 05-18-2011, 03:00 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
theres nothing wrong with not being a cat person...
i wasnt a cat person untill i met my black female tempi, (supposed to be temporary) she won me over pretty dang quick, and then willow (almost 9 week old tortie) did the same, i didnt bond with her brothers but little willow weedled her way in...

i still dont condier myself a "cat person" though, theres a few breeds i love, (siamese balinese/javanese oriental/oriental long haired, cornish and devon rex...) i prefer the dogs...

it doesnt seem like you have a real issue...your not a cat person in that your not drawn to them or thier personality, but you accept his cats as part of the package and dont hold "being cats" agaisnt them...
as long as he understands your not interested in litterbox duty, i dont think itll cause any problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats