Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:03 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
A cats skeleton is very similar to that of a human being, however it does lack the shoulder blade bones.
They have a scapula bones, it's the clavicle bones they lack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 10:53 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Thanks again everyone for the support and informative comments. Jack shows no wear or tear. I don't get along too well with my self absorbed sister in law but she did call contritely and inquired about the cat. Little consolation. There are properly working screens on every window that pull down from the top (casement windows) and only a moron would leave an open window. But, one can't choose one's relatives, can one?

Old 05-25-2011, 11:48 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Oh, I meant "taxus" , its an evergreen bush also called a "yew.".
Whew - I was picturing a large yellow Crown Victoria with meter. Now THAT would have hurt.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:56 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Falling down stairs is way different than a drop; drops are actually easier b/c there is an opportunity for the cat to right itself midair. Not so with a stairwell in which she was banging against all sorts of things as she fell.
She was so lucky. Although the stairwell was very narrow, she was only 3 months old - so tiny that she didn't hit a thing. She managed to fall feet first, but her front legs were further down than her back legs and took the impact. You would think she would be cautious now. She's not - she's a year old now and a little terror.

So glad Jack is fine. He sure is beautiful.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:12 PM

859 posts, read 704,987 times

I don't know if you have ever heard this saying before but, I will state it.
there is common saying says :

cat has
7 souls !
Imagine !

maybe your cat after that incidence lost one of them and still there are 6
So, don't worry whatever happened for it

Good luck for Jack

Old 05-25-2011, 12:48 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
I don't know if you have ever heard this saying before but, I will state it.
there is common saying says :

cat has 7 souls !
Imagine !

maybe your cat after that incidence lost one of them and still there are 6
So, don't worry whatever happened for it

Good luck for Jack
Are you sure that the common saying isn't actually "a cat has nine lives?"

Old 05-25-2011, 01:35 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Whew - I was picturing a large yellow Crown Victoria with meter. Now THAT would have hurt.

I dunno, those taxis make for a pretty soft landing:

Woman Falls 23 Stories, Lands on Taxi, Survives

Woman Falls 23 Stories, Lands on Taxi, Survives - CBS News

Old 05-25-2011, 07:49 PM

5,007 posts, read 10,684,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
She was so lucky. Although the stairwell was very narrow, she was only 3 months old - so tiny that she didn't hit a thing. She managed to fall feet first, but her front legs were further down than her back legs and took the impact. You would think she would be cautious now. She's not - she's a year old now and a little terror.

So glad Jack is fine. He sure is beautiful.
That is surprising. Maybe it was b/c of her age? I would agree with you about her landing on her front feet but don't most cats do that? Or is it important for them to land on all fours for a "safe" landing?

Did she really break the bones? I wonder b/c, at that age, I would expect something like a green stick fracture--not an actual break but fractures in the bone

And of course she is a terror--clearly, she is an adrenalin junkie Some creatures become more timid b/c of such experiences, others become bolder b/c they feel invincible. Oh, yeah, you're in for a world of fun with her in much the same way that my teen years caused every grey hair on my father's head.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:07 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I am sorry you are stuck with your sister in law-- I bet she did not even buy Jack any new toys, or anything. Just a paltry "sorry".

She should get him a bunch of wonderful new toys. I bet she does not even get him X-Mas gifts. I hate her for you and Jack.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:16 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Just saw this post, glad kitty is ok...and I agree with jasper12 below

gbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am sorry you are stuck with your sister in law-- I bet she did not even buy Jack any new toys, or anything. Just a paltry "sorry".

She should get him a bunch of wonderful new toys. I bet she does not even get him X-Mas gifts. I hate her for you and Jack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats