Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 09:06 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,649,327 times

Advertisements

Did you know that it's very hard to type in a forum when your cat is lying on your chest and hugging your right arm like a body pillow? (I sit in my LaZBoy with a wireless keyboard.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 01:16 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
I get the idea easily! When Weasie wants attention she likes to sprawl across the mouse cord on my PC.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:24 AM

I can't imagine life without my Silly. He's the sweetest cat I've ever known. Never hissed, bit or scratched anyone. He absolutely loves everybody. Whenever someone comes to visit, he insists on giving them a tour of the apartment. He won't leave them alone until they follow him around. When he's done, he guides them to the recliner and, when they sit down, will either curl up on their feet or on their lap. My friends who have been here hundreds of times still have to take the tour!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:59 AM

2,104 posts, read 3,008,476 times
A few months ago when Jem was still small he would sit on my right shoulder, I could still type but he liked to dive bomb the moniter as he saw the words pop up. Glad he outgrew that stage.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:41 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
I was going to respond earlier, but Jack was on my chest with me holding him up with my left arm. Every time I let him slide into my lap he would attack the keyboard and get everything messed up.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
I can't imagine life without my Silly. He's the sweetest cat I've ever known. Never hissed, bit or scratched anyone. He absolutely loves everybody. Whenever someone comes to visit, he insists on giving them a tour of the apartment. He won't leave them alone until they follow him around. When he's done, he guides them to the recliner and, when they sit down, will either curl up on their feet or on their lap. My friends who have been here hundreds of times still have to take the tour!

He sounds wonderful. Welcome to the forum!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Did you know that it's very hard to type in a forum when your cat is lying on your chest and hugging your right arm like a body pillow? (I sit in my LaZBoy with a wireless keyboard.)

When I read on the couch at night, I have to hold my book up straight-arm over my head to see it, because one of my cats insists on curling up on my chest, right under my ching.

it's all worth it.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
When I read on the couch at night, I have to hold my book up straight-arm over my head to see it, because one of my cats insists on curling up on my chest, right under my ching.

it's all worth it.
LOL That does make reading a challenge! Silly does that when I get home from work and sit down at the computer. He has to have his 15 minutes of standing on my chest and getting his face scratched. Then, he puts his forehead on mine, so our noses touch and just rub. Then he curls up under my chin. I have to put my keyboard on a little pillow on my lap so I can type!

Old 06-12-2011, 05:05 PM

1,558 posts, read 3,855,402 times
That's funny! I have been sitting here trying to type as well in some other threads and I've got a cat that is giving me constant head bumps and sitting on my lap.... That's ok....I'll take a furry friend any day!

Old 06-12-2011, 05:18 PM

I have a couple cats who like to sit in my lap when I'm here at my desk on the computer and drape their necks over my wrist, chin resting on the back of my hand. So the cat's head keeps bobbing up and down as I type, and half the time I swear the cat is choking him or herself, but they don't budge.

Does this happen to you...?

I'll be here at my desk or reading on the couch or watching a dvd in the chair and suddenly I'll notice I'm petting a cat in my lap (or two or three) but I do not recall them joining me, it seems they've been there all along...

you know?

I swear they can teleport. I know my Red Boy can, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats