Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 01:26 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times

Advertisements

I usually don't order stuff from TV, but I did get something I'm quite pleased with and want to pass it on.

Its a grooming glove, for cats or dogs (might also work on teenage boys who won't wash their hair) lol

Its called Trutouch----hope mods won't pull this, its NOT an ad, I don't have any interest in the company, etc.

Its a glove, made of some sort of vinyl, with little stubs or nibs on the palm side. You pet the animal, and it brushes fur off! This really works, especially for those hard-to-reach areas like the belly, legs, tail, etc
. The cats love it! They tolerate it more than a Furminator, which we use, too. To clean, just "peel" the collected fur off, then rinse. Its well made, even has a wrist cuff to stay in place.

Grooming our pride has always been a challenge, along with cleaning up the shedded fur in the house. Its a never-ending chore, and it you have pets you will never have an immaculate house, its one of the tradeoffs, just like having kids! I figure rather than constantly cleaning up pet fur, get at the source! We have a variety of pet grooming tools, this is one of the better ones. Comes in left hand as well as right hand.

Just my little tip for pet lovers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 01:41 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Marylee, all my kitties love those grooming gloves but they also love the Furminator. In fact when they see I am using one of them on one of their siblings, they "hang out" so they will get their turn!

Amazon has a grooming glove for as low as <$5: https://smile.amazon.com/Four-Paws-M.../dp/B002USK6X6 .

It's also pretty amazing how much fur those things get! I could "build" another kitty out of all the fur that comes off.

Old 10-02-2016, 03:10 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Marylee, all my kitties love those grooming gloves but they also love the Furminator. In fact when they see I am using one of them on one of their siblings, they "hang out" so they will get their turn!

Amazon has a grooming glove for as low as <$5: https://smile.amazon.com/Four-Paws-M.../dp/B002USK6X6 .

It's also pretty amazing how much fur those things get! I could "build" another kitty out of all the fur that comes off.

Sounds good, too! I know what you mean, that you could build another kitty from the fur!

The one I recommended comes in left hand version, too. Since I'm left-handed, that helps!

Old 10-03-2016, 05:21 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,984,152 times
One of my cats gets overstimulated quickly with too much patting, and does not like any foreign objects (such as combs and brushes) to touch her. The glove was a godsend. I can't rub her down for too long, but long enough to grab much of the loose fur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats