Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:29 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Yep, the rule of cat barf..."make the maximum mess possible". My house is ALL tile, except in the bedroom, where does little baby have to barf? In the bedroom, of course!

Sounds like you had quite the mess to clean up. Yuck.
My cats do this too!! House is tile/hardwood with some persian style and throw rugs. They ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS puke on a rug. I want to know WHY!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
My cats do this too!! House is tile/hardwood with some persian style and throw rugs. They ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS puke on a rug. I want to know WHY!!!!!!

There is no "why" when it comes to cats. They are Themselves, and whatever They choose to do, it is done because they are Cats.

Seriously though, I live in an apartment so am stuck with the carpeting (but have sworn when I own my own home there will be no carpeting), and most cats I've had do seem to zero in on the worst (from our point of view) places to hurl.

I did however have one cat, she's a little Bridge Angel girlie now, she always vomited in the litter box.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:22 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,153,320 times
Maybe hurling on absorbent surfaces is somehow related to the ability later to bury such hurl, if so desired?

Being more a dog person than a cat person, I can attest to the fact that most dogs dislike peeing or pooping on hard surfaces (wood or lino floors, paved outdoor surfaces, etc) and also often seem to aim for carpet or throw rugs when they need to throw up. And cats are way more likely than dogs to bury whatever they expel....

An advantage to owning both dogs and cats: Dogs are gross. And, they will diligently & willingly clean up cat hurl, which makes it much easier for me to clean up after.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:16 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
LOL!!! Too true. Sometimes when you have more than one cat, one will hurl, one will eat it up.

Beau used to barf on the bed. Right on the comforter...

Some cats just have more delicate tummies. I loved Mickey, in 20 years, he barfed maybe twice. Beau...like twice a DAY!!!! He is a pig, you can't feed him more than a tablespoon or two of food at a time. He now needs to eat 4 to 5 times a day, can't have dry food, eats this special food from the vet, at like a buck a can! He better not barf that! (All I can say is glad he lives with his Daddy now).

Old 06-24-2011, 08:10 PM

555 posts, read 1,572,961 times
Our last cat did this. We think it was partly psychological. When she was a kitten, she was in a cage with about 15 others and she had to fight for food. When she became the only cat in the house, she would see her food and gorge herself, then puke it up. She did it her whole life.

And yep, it was on the carpet too. Always near the doorway to the kitchen too. One foot away from tile, but nope, could never make it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats