U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:24 PM

10,507 posts, read 14,540,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligali View Post
Some months ago I had a thread on here about Edward's eye infections. Everyone was so helpful; thank you again. The vet put some drops, turned off the light, and showed me where the eye was scratched. I could not figure out how that happened, but then it occured to me that his over-the-eye whiskers (is there a name for those) were exceedingly long, took odd turns at the end, and maybe the problem would be resolved by trimming them.

With much trepidation, I did trim them, and there has been no incidences of infections since, though I have the med in the refridgerator, just in case.

What is the name of those whiskers, and, given that he is ordinarily not going outside, at all, are there any dangers in trimming them down. I even wonder if I should have the vet remove them???

TIA
Connie
#1: NO

#2: NO

Any vet that is sane would never do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or