Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 05:56 PM

10,102 posts, read 19,297,579 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried the Blue Cat Food?

Our cats were eating a combination of Hills dry, and Friskies canned, they seemed to do ok. we bought the Costco brand of dry, it was the exact same thing for about 1/3 less. Ok, kitties did fine.

Then, we moved, no Costco here, so, joined Sams. they don't have any Hills knock off, but got something I thought was similar, whatever its sams brand. Well, they seemed ok for awhile, but now they've been coughing up hairballs a lot more than usual and throwing up a lot.

I figured that cheap food might have something to do with it, I understood Blue is a good brand. I found a 4-pound bag on sale today, thought to give it a try---they went right for it, seemed to like the taste. lets see now if their stomaches improve!

Blue is very expensive, any suggestions where to get it cheaper---online, coupons, etc?

Or, I could rejoin Costco and have the cat food delivered, if its more cost-effective
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 06:13 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,256,002 times
My guys have been eating Blue Basics (dry) It has helped my Kaci 100% with the yakking. She just can't seem to keep very many foods down. Thankfully, Blue Basics has been a winner. If you go to their website, and sign up for their news letter and coupons...you will occasionally get a $3 or $4 coupon in the mail. They also offer coupons if you "like" them on FB.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:17 PM

Thanks, Shelby, I know you're quite the Cat Expert!

Also, I noticed my cats seem more calm. They were fighting with each other, perhaps that other food wasn't filling them up and they were hungry? I didn't mean to scrimp on the cats health, which is what you do essentially when you cut back on the quality of the food. Its just that , like I said, we can no longer purchase the "cheap" stuff from Costco, gave Sams a try.

You save in the long run with healthier kitties!

Old 07-04-2011, 06:25 PM

I did a search, the cheapest place to buy Blue Cat Food, is, a feed and grain store, or tractor store! It was about 1/3 less than at Petco, and I assume they take coupons, too!

Old 07-04-2011, 07:35 PM

11,183 posts, read 19,336,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Thanks, Shelby, I know you're quite the Cat Expert!

Also, I noticed my cats seem more calm. They were fighting with each other, perhaps that other food wasn't filling them up and they were hungry? I didn't mean to scrimp on the cats health, which is what you do essentially when you cut back on the quality of the food. Its just that , like I said, we can no longer purchase the "cheap" stuff from Costco, gave Sams a try.

You save in the long run with healthier kitties!
Well, when cats get decent nutrition they feel better, so they will act better. When they are eating nothing but corn and fillers, they may seem "fine" but in general they probably feel a lot crappier than we realize.

Don't forget the canned food!

Old 07-04-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Well, when cats get decent nutrition they feel better, so they will act better. When they are eating nothing but corn and fillers, they may seem "fine" but in general they probably feel a lot crappier than we realize.

Don't forget the canned food!
Cats can't tell us when they don't feel well!

Also, I will look into the canned food. We have 4 cats, and our budget is tight, but its a matter of priorities. Your health comes first, that includes your pet's health, they depend on you!

Old 07-04-2011, 09:44 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I did a search, the cheapest place to buy Blue Cat Food, is, a feed and grain store, or tractor store! It was about 1/3 less than at Petco, and I assume they take coupons, too!
We buy very little at Petco as in our area they have the highest prices on everything but cat furniture.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:28 PM

11,183 posts, read 19,336,877 times
I don't have a Petco (or any chain pet store) but I buy cat food on line, and often use Petco because they have great free shipping promotions. Often, even if the case of food is a little higher in price than it would be at one of the other on line pet supply stores, the free shipping makes up the difference and then some extra besides.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:56 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,256,002 times
I have found the Blue cheaper at PetSmart, than at Petco. They also seem to replenish quicker...I paid $28.00 yesterday for a 11lb bag of the Basic...and then had a $3.00 coupon from them.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:20 AM

156 posts, read 447,306 times
I agree about PetSmart over Petco. Major price differences. I have been feeding the Blue Wilderness (Dry) to my cats and they love it even more than the regular Blue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats