Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:35 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
It is quite common that they fart in your face everytime you go near their tails. I can't say that I blame them, I don't like anyone going near my tail either, especially without my permission
Same here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 09:04 PM

575 posts, read 1,995,790 times
Our dog had his rupture on night about 4am. I heard him whining at the side of the bed - my husband was actually asleep in the other room (snoring issues LOL). So I got up and saw this dark stuff all over my off white carpet. Well I put in my contacts (I'm blind with out them) and realized it's blood - everywhere! EVERYWHERE!!! In smears where he had drug (it looked like a murder seen on the floor. The dog's backside was matted with dark mess and blood and the backs of his legs were matted with it.

We panicked - obviously. The first thing through my head was my dog got in the trash and ate something that ripped his intestines apart as he was pooping it out. As my dog has a tendency to eat everything LOL!

We wrapped him in a towel and carted him to the emergency vet. I threw on clothes and my husband went in a t shirt and p.j. pants!

They did a quick surgery - about 30 minutes to clean it up and stitch him up. We were REALLY lucky because it had ruptured outside and gone everywhere and didn't rupture internally. If the glands rupture internally the dogs can become septic and die. Poor Buddy's backside was swollen for days - he had to wear a cone to keep him from licking the nastyness - and he couldn't sit on his sore bottom for nearly a week

So there is my dog's butt story LOL My dog is an A** so I like to tell the story about his A**

Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,687,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittymom4 View Post
Our dog had his rupture on night about 4am. I heard him whining at the side of the bed - my husband was actually asleep in the other room (snoring issues LOL). So I got up and saw this dark stuff all over my off white carpet. Well I put in my contacts (I'm blind with out them) and realized it's blood - everywhere! EVERYWHERE!!! In smears where he had drug (it looked like a murder seen on the floor. The dog's backside was matted with dark mess and blood and the backs of his legs were matted with it.

We panicked - obviously. The first thing through my head was my dog got in the trash and ate something that ripped his intestines apart as he was pooping it out. As my dog has a tendency to eat everything LOL!

We wrapped him in a towel and carted him to the emergency vet. I threw on clothes and my husband went in a t shirt and p.j. pants!

They did a quick surgery - about 30 minutes to clean it up and stitch him up. We were REALLY lucky because it had ruptured outside and gone everywhere and didn't rupture internally. If the glands rupture internally the dogs can become septic and die. Poor Buddy's backside was swollen for days - he had to wear a cone to keep him from licking the nastyness - and he couldn't sit on his sore bottom for nearly a week

So there is my dog's butt story LOL My dog is an A** so I like to tell the story about his A**
Why do these things always seem to happen at 4 in the morning? I would have FREAKED! I was actually chuckling while I read that story--it was funny b/c everything turned out all right. But I would have DIED!!

Old 07-27-2011, 04:57 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,650,216 times
I was shaking my head reading most of this thread, thinking "What are these guys talking about?" I mean, even though Amber hates to be picked up, true of many cats, that has never, ever happened in 15 years. Cat just doesn't get that gassy I guess.

But. I swear the other day at the shelter I think one of the cats did this. LOL. This was a heftier cat. I'm going to put it down to a matter of physics, gravity, etc. when picking her up as opposed to fart on command, though. I figure the act of picking her up put pressure on something that expelled the gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats