Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 06:25 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,910 times

Advertisements

Pawbreakers All Natural Catnip Toy at PETCO

I got my cats one of those to see if they would like it. I know they love the fresh catnip and cat grass I give them. I was looking at all the toys and trying to find one that didn't look like it had choking parts on it. I always worry about that. Some stuff just looks dangerous with the little bells etc. They are larger cats and could easily swallow one of those cat bells.

They love this thing. I was worried about it being stale as some catnip toys can be. The cats were going crazy over it and it smelled fresh when I opened it.

Do these balls break up into chunks? How can the cat eat them? I see some fang marks in it already. LOL. I just wondered if it can break off in a style that can choke them, or if I can leave the toy out when I am not home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,037,087 times
I got one of those catnip balls over 6 months ago and it's still intact. They love it...but it keeps ending up under the buffet in the kitchen. So I have to fish it out for them. Just a month ago I found one that is shaped like a mouse and has a sisal tail. They love to lick it and roll all over it. Kitty euphoria.

I got the ball at Walmart and the mouse at PetSmart. Our local Petco closed.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:59 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,986,369 times
Of all the cats I've owned and fostered since the mid 1950s, only one reacted to cat nip. The rest ignore it. All of them love to nibble fresh grass.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:53 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,598,575 times
I have some of these catnip balls. They were a present last Christmas, and they're still intact - no crumbling.

Reaction and play time depends on the cat. I have a female that loves all toys and will bat these balls around with joy. However, I think it's more because they're balls than because of the catnip scent.

The other two cats enjoyed sniffing them when they were fresh from the box, but never really played with them - because they just aren't ball players.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats