Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 05:56 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,897,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Jasper is a purebred Bengal, I got him on CL for $20. He is declawed and neutered. He is very talkative, and I would say...more "aloof" than the other cats I have had, I don't know if that is because he is less domesticated or just his personality. He is very sweet though, never bites, or hisses, I have never heard him hiss since I have had him, for about 18 months now. He loves water, and is always at the sink, he prefers to drink from the faucet. Don't get a cat like this, if you don't want to hear a LOUD meow, alot of the time. He has to "comment" on everything...all the time.
Did you get his registration papers and a copy of his pedigree with him? Just curious, as not one person who advertised a purebred cat or kittens for under $100 had the reg' papers for them. There was always some reason or excuse they didn't have them. That was in two newspapers and Craigslist. This was over a 4 year period of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 06:15 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,221,229 times
Jasper did not come with papers. He is basically a "rescue". Which often happens with high priced breeds, people with lots of money buy them, don't have time to care for them, or want the "new" designer dog or cat, and dump them when they are no longer "cute" kittens or puppies.

When I first got him, he was very skittish, you can probably read my posts, it was about 18 months ago. And I was sad. I was expecting this great cat, and he was not friendly, and actually scared. It really has taken months of patient rehabilitation for him to be the great cat he is now.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:10 PM

Here is another picture, maybe you can see the marbled fur. He looks very much like a small hunting cat, very exotic looking. He is very large, and long. My daughter thinks he is almost as big as a Serengeti, he is not, but he is quite large.
Attached Thumbnails
Bengal Cats-helena-20111222-00053.jpg  

Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,824,062 times
Quote:
Here is another picture, maybe you can see the marbled fur. He looks very much like a small hunting cat, very exotic looking. He is very large, and long. My daughter thinks he is almost as big as a Serengeti, he is not, but he is quite large.

The quality is kind of rough, but it does look like a very nice cat!

I did a quick run-through with the craigslist thing and there was really nothing that showed up. I will kind of keep my eyes peeled with one though.

What is up with like F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6? Is the behaivor much different? I want a bengal, but I'm in no way a breeder or someone looking for a show cat... I just want a friendly and hyper cat

Old 12-22-2011, 07:32 PM

Oh well, so much for Blackberry camera.

I think if you don't want a kitten, you can find lots of pure breed cats on CL, it just takes time.

When I read about Bengal's, I nod...yep...that is definitely "Jasper"!

Old 12-22-2011, 07:32 PM

Oh well, so much for Blackberry camera.

I think if you don't want a kitten, you can find lots of pure breed cats on CL, it just takes time.

When I read about Bengal's, I nod...yep...that is definitely "Jasper"!

Old 12-23-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Jasper did not come with papers. He is basically a "rescue". Which often happens with high priced breeds, people with lots of money buy them, don't have time to care for them, or want the "new" designer dog or cat, and dump them when they are no longer "cute" kittens or puppies.

When I first got him, he was very skittish, you can probably read my posts, it was about 18 months ago. And I was sad. I was expecting this great cat, and he was not friendly, and actually scared. It really has taken months of patient rehabilitation for him to be the great cat he is now.
Yes, I remember your past posts.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:28 PM

Smile Call a Bengal Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

What is up with like F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6? Is the behaivor much different? I want a bengal, but I'm in no way a breeder or someone looking for a show cat... I just want a friendly and hyper cat
You can contact a Bengal rescue. Prices are nowhere near the price of a reg kitten. Those cats would most likely have their reg papers as proof-of-breed and be temperament (and blood) tested by the rescue. All would be spayed and neutered. Please give feedback if you contact a rescue.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:38 AM

I think most Bengals are domesticated now. And I don't know how much of Jasper's behavior is due to him being a Bengal, or just his "quirky" personality. He is not a cuddly cat, he likes his own space. Like, he will sit next to me, but not on me. He does not like being held, but purrs anyway, when I pick him up.

My Mom saw Bengal kittens in the paper for $600. I would just get an older cat.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:15 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,352,025 times
In looking for local Bengal kittens I've already come across two scams on Craigs List

Prices do seem all over the place - one local breeder is at $2000!! I could see $500-600 MAYBE, but geez...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats