Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 05:31 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times

Advertisements

Such sad news for any precious furkid, especially one so young. I think everyone here who sees this will be praying for a fix right along with you. All paws crossed here that your vet will be able to help her. Keep us posted if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 08:14 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_mcgeough View Post
Our 3 year old Siamese was just diagnosed with Kidney Failure. She has been acting okay, ......
Please keep us updated.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:32 AM

670 posts, read 1,043,725 times
Keeper, I am so sorry for what you are going through with your kitty. I have a 16 year old cat who was just diagnosed with Stage 3 kidney failure this week. The vet said I could do subcutaneous fluids at home, but I would have to give her fluids every day for the rest of her life. Unfortunately, my kitty also has severe arthritis and has a lot of trouble getting around. She also has chronic urinary tract infections. I just love my sweet girl, but the quality of her life is so poor that I am not going to try to prolong her life. I'm not going to try to keep her around just because I don't want to let go. Now, if it were my other cat, she is healthy (no arthritis), and I would do the fluids for sure.

Best of luck with your precious kitty.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSoBelle View Post
Keeper, I am so sorry for what you are going through with your kitty. I have a 16 year old cat who was just diagnosed with Stage 3 kidney failure this week. The vet said I could do subcutaneous fluids at home, but I would have to give her fluids every day for the rest of her life. Unfortunately, my kitty also has severe arthritis and has a lot of trouble getting around. She also has chronic urinary tract infections. I just love my sweet girl, but the quality of her life is so poor that I am not going to try to prolong her life. I'm not going to try to keep her around just because I don't want to let go. Now, if it were my other cat, she is healthy (no arthritis), and I would do the fluids for sure.

Best of luck with your precious kitty.
So very sorry you're having to make that decision, but you're doing the right thing for her.
My heart goes out to you.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:56 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,872 times
Oh my my poor coco. I am lost words ,, but is coco going to live some time? So sorry to hear this.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:31 PM

5 posts, read 4,922 times
I just lost my lil boy (4 years old siamese cat) 3 days ago, im still crying & cant seem to focus at work, i miss him terribly & feel so lonely without him..he was my son, best friend & companion..

It happened so fast & drastically that i still cant even digest/ accept till today...In January his blood test was good but by March it was already bad and his Creatinine level was so high that reached to 4 digits (1471), im so confused on what i have not done & signs ive missed on... i regret for not bringing him to the hospital on time when he was losing weight & loss of appetite.
i took it lightly & still blame myself till today. If only i could have known... sigh

Vet said he has blood infection, that reached to 3 digits - Urea (122)

Am i a bad owner? will he ever know that i love him so much & never knew he was suffering in silent.
he was doing so fine in January... i find it hard to accept that hes gone... im so depressed....

Old 03-25-2015, 11:18 AM

Most of us here have gone through this, and we have likely all felt some form of guilt because we automatically think we should have... could have done something different or better for our furkid. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter, we still feel it and I've come to think it's part of the grieving process. It's especially hard when they go at such a young age Try not to take it all on yourself, as it's very possible that nothing you could have done would have made any difference.
Words don't help much, but thoughts & hugs going out to you.
RIP little cat.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:14 AM

i miss him tremendously....

Last edited by Reena Raj; 04-08-2015 at 01:30 AM..

Old 04-08-2015, 01:26 AM

I too just lost my 4 years old lil boy (Siamese) few weeks ago (22nd March 2015) due to Kidney Failure, *his blood results was good back in January but by mid of March his Urea & Creatinine have elevated & it was alil too late to do anything, as i brought him to the hospital only after realising he was really ill, he passed away in the hospital the next *morning & the most saddest part was i wasnt there when he took his last breath... he was all alone, he hates being alone especially in the dark.......he gets excited everytime he sees me but the morning of his passing I failed to make it on time as i was few minutes late, I guess he could no longer wait...

i still blame myself for not seeing all the signs that he was really ill & in need of instant treatment , it all started when *i was in the hospital to get myself treated for 3 days & when i came home he was too skinny & pale, thinking he was acting up to his new food/vaccination I didn’t really pay much attention, due to my financial constraint *i brought him to a local vet & the vet couldnt identify the causes, as the vet didnt have much facilities & only after i got some cash i brought him to the hospital...*but it was alil too late as he couldnt stand nor walk anymore... i still blame myself for not taking him to the hospital immediately, I still carry an enormous *guilt & regret every single day ..

i miss him tremendously, ive *gone so thin since his passing, ive distant myself from people fearing some might find my grief alil too much & laugh about it because some may see him only as a pet. They don’t know what its like to lose a great companion like himself as he was very dear & close to me. He was such an obedient *& intelligent cat, I feel lucky to have found him & own him…, he wasnt just a pet, he was more like a son to me, he was my best friend & true meaning of happiness ...

coming home is never the same anymore, its quiet *& dull nowdays... no more joy to come home to...

im slowly going into depression.... it seems impossible to overcome….

missing his cute blue eyes, his baby smell, his hugs, his cuddles & mostly his sandpaper kisses

(Obie Nov 2011 - March 2015)

Old 11-01-2015, 12:39 AM

1 posts, read 839 times
Reena, you did your best and had no reason to think there was a problem. I've heard it can happen very quickly. But I know so well how it is to love a sweet beast and then to have to let them go. And I know the guilt too. I had to have my sweet little man, Bear, euthanized almost seven months ago with cancer and now am looking at another of my cats having kidney disease. I'm taking him in tomorrow to see. I don't have money to spend on years of expensive treatment but I also know Marvin doesn't tolerate certain things. He was rescued from the street and had a very traumatic early life so anything out of the ordinary is extremely stressful for him. I have to remind myself that he has had six very happy years and is one of the sweetest cats I've known. But there comes a point, sometime far sooner than we would like when we unfortunately have to say goodbye. We do our best and yes, we miss them, and we feel guilty, and we question if we did the right thing. But really, we know we loved them. We know that we would never have done anything that would have caused them distress. We know that. It's hard to stop beating ourselves up but we also need to see that we gave these delightful creatures a life that they may never have known otherwise and they spend their time with us knowing they were loved. And even if we can't be there when they go for whatever reason, they still carry that love and at the vet they are cared for. It's hard, but you didn't do anything wrong. You were a good cat mom and you one day have another fuzzy child to love and care for. In the meantime, forgive yourself, be kind to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats