Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is friendlier and cuddlier?
Males 25 56.82%
Females 5 11.36%
No Difference 14 31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:15 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times

Advertisements

My Red Boy was the sweetest cat in the world. To me. He hid from everyone else. Now he's gone, but I still have three females.

One is on my lap pressing her head up to under my chin repeatedly, for kisses, and purring loudly. (she goes to her Safe Spot if anyone comes to the house)

One is curled up on the bench next to me, waiting her turn on my lap, also purring audibly. Every now and then her purr raises to a crescendo and she reaches a paw out and pats my leg. I reach back and stroke her a time or two. (she stays where she is and ignores anyone coming to the house)

The third girl is stretched out up on a little pad I keep on the desk for her, right behind my lap top. Every few minutes she pokes a paw or nose around the edge of the screen and says "mrrrmph!" to make sure I know she is still there. When she does that I reach over and skritch her tummy for a minute, much to her delight. (She first puffs up at, then enthusiastically greets anyone who comes to the house. She then begins a Show Off Routine with her Turbo, for the benefit of the visitor)

Sweet loving affectionate girls, they love me and one another.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 11:55 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
I have one male and two female, and they are all cuddly in their own way. My male cat is a real momma's boy. Then again, the gray tabby female has to be one of the friendliest cats I have ever seen. Everyone who comes over to visit is bound to have that cat on the lap within the first ten minutes.

Even the little princess, who is a bit skittish at times, has her moments doing the Curly Shuffle on the bed or the couch when she's getting her pettins.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,362,804 times
Sorry, but when I read the title of this thread, I was not thinking about cats.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:17 AM

575 posts, read 1,996,551 times
I do have to say that I agree that it depends completely on the individual cat. You can have super friendly females, and really stand off males. However on a whole I would have to say I think I've met more males that tend to be more lap cat cuddly on "your terms" anytime than females.

All three of my males, my mom's male have been love bugs. My mom's male mind you is NOT a lap cat. My aunt has a male and he like to snuggle but only when HE wants, and is really not a pick up and hug kind of guy, put he'll pay you a visit now and again (usually when he's hungry!)

I have two girls, neither of which can you usually find sitting with someone. Now and again Lexie will snuggle for a moment or two. She likes to cuddle at night for a little bit but on a whole she like to be left to herself or sit next to you. She is not unfriendly in anyway loves to be pet - just not cuddly or lap cat. My Grace would be my snuggly I think if she wasn't an adoped out of a shelter cat. She tries to sit in my lap, she has some issues. She's a very nervous cat. I can't pick her up at all - not ever. My mom has a female - very similar to my Lexie. Friendly to who she wants to be when she wants to be mostly just to my mom, Don't pick her up.

Both of my current males I think you could tie to a ceiling fan and they wouldn't care My husband carries Simon around upside down and he loves it He gives kisses, comes when called, both boys come to bed every night. They just want to be around you more. All are raised exactly the same.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:07 AM

352 posts, read 781,141 times
Definitely male cats.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
My girl is not cuddly at all but is VERY loving in a passive aggressive sort of way. If that makes any sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats